Author Topic: Attn: Tonights show in St Louis CANCELLED  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
  • Some days you wake up in the army
Re: Attn: Tonights show in St Louis CANCELLED
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »
Love the Killers!!!  That would be a great show

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Crap news Max, can imagine how disappointing it is for the family, and costly.

If you can get yourself to Australia next year I'll buy you a ticket... Provided they announce some shows

Rumor is they start in NZ/AUZ with dates announced this fall

Edit: I'm talking about E+I
So in November they'll start the e+i tour before SOE is released?

I expect they might announce the tour around Dec 1 but probably not tour until the spring. They won't play any dates after Brazil in 2017.

Some guy said there would be a big tour announcement for u2 and the killers this fall. But the actual tour is next year. So in other words, tickets will probably go on sale in December

U2 and the Killers together? Or both bands on separate tours?

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2017, 03:00:25 PM »
Love the Killers!!!  That would be a great show

I can understand your disappointment, but you're not the only guy to have a concert cancelled on them. The concert couldn't go ahead tonight, logistically impossible.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:02:03 AM by Hawkmoon2e »

monopoly

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2017, 03:42:24 PM »
Crap news Max, can imagine how disappointing it is for the family, and costly.

If you can get yourself to Australia next year I'll buy you a ticket... Provided they announce some shows

Rumor is they start in NZ/AUZ with dates announced this fall

Edit: I'm talking about E+I
So in November they'll start the e+i tour before SOE is released?

I expect they might announce the tour around Dec 1 but probably not tour until the spring. They won't play any dates after Brazil in 2017.

Some guy said there would be a big tour announcement for u2 and the killers this fall. But the actual tour is next year. So in other words, tickets will probably go on sale in December

U2 and the Killers together? Or both bands on separate tours?

Seperate tours. He was just saying big announcements for both bands

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »
Killers tour announced for may already. Killers only touring as half a band these days, no Dave, no mark. Plus they're just not big anymore - they are playing a pretty small 'arena' here when they sold out the big one twice over in 2007.

I feel like the aus/NZ U2 kick off is feasible, typically that would be march if it's indoors.

Fingers crossed I guess.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:51:12 PM by briscoetheque »

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2017, 05:18:54 PM »
Thank god it's separate tour from the killers. U2 are still top touring act A-listers. They don't need to "feat" anyone on tour. They aren't washed-up bsb-nkotb.

Really cool they managed to pull more radio-relevant groups as support acts, like OneR and Lumineers and Mumford.

Also, I don't know the killers much, except frontman Brandon Flowers is supposedly a cutie, as many female fans would regard.

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2017, 07:37:23 PM »
FWIW, the unrest here is tough from a couple of angles.   My kids and I were set to attend and we were also very disappointed.   I have been to most of their STL shows and have to say that the right thing to do was to cancel this one.  Thought I would share my daughters thoughts per her post on FB regarding it.   Perhaps all of those times she listened to Bono blaring 'Pride' out of the speakers in my vehicle left an impact:

"I had been looking forward to seeing U2 tonight for months. I'm very disappointed that the concert was cancelled. But I'm way more disappointed in the attitudes of people in my city. If you find yourself saying that the protests are "stupid" or "unnecessary" you need to check yourself. People are hurting and that should hurt you, not offend you. Praying for St. Louis tonight. #blacklivesmatter"

monopoly

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2017, 10:42:16 PM »
FWIW, the unrest here is tough from a couple of angles.   My kids and I were set to attend and we were also very disappointed.   I have been to most of their STL shows and have to say that the right thing to do was to cancel this one.  Thought I would share my daughters thoughts per her post on FB regarding it.   Perhaps all of those times she listened to Bono blaring 'Pride' out of the speakers in my vehicle left an impact:

"I had been looking forward to seeing U2 tonight for months. I'm very disappointed that the concert was cancelled. But I'm way more disappointed in the attitudes of people in my city. If you find yourself saying that the protests are "stupid" or "unnecessary" you need to check yourself. People are hurting and that should hurt you, not offend you. Praying for St. Louis tonight. #blacklivesmatter"

Amen. Look forward to next year.

Offline Edgematic

• Wanderer
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2017, 07:28:19 AM »
I ended up eating BBQ, going to the National Blues Museum, and checking out some live Blues.

Basically I pretended I was enacting a cut scene from Rattle and Hum where the band farts around St. Louis for a day.

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2017, 07:39:14 AM »
Where did you eat BBQ at?

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2017, 02:24:46 PM »
Everyone has to grieve a loss in their own way.  Losing out on a U2 show is definitely a loss; maybe not in the same category as a family tragedy, but when you've been looking forward to it for months I can understand the hurt.  So sorry for my St. Louis friends....here's to next year!

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2017, 04:24:11 PM »
You won't hear this in the press. U2 or U2s management team donated all the food the had for the band, crew, security etc to the National Guard and police. My good friend joked he ate Bono's sandwitch

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2017, 05:00:39 PM »
You won't hear this in the press. U2 or U2s management team donated all the food the had for the band, crew, security etc to the National Guard and police. My good friend joked he ate Bono's sandwitch
Bless those lads!