Author Topic: Attn: Tonights show in St Louis CANCELLED  (Read 4907 times)

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
  • Some days you wake up in the army
Re: Attn: Tonights show in St Louis CANCELLED
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 09:47:38 AM »
This is crap!!! My wife and I have looked forward to this for months. We have 5 kids and rarely get to do anything with each other. We have saved and planned for this and now what, so very very disappointed.

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 09:49:39 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks that this is a very strange reason to cancel a show, for a band that has as much touring experience as U2? It's not like the local venue would be realizing just now that U2 draws a large crowd. This sounds like some sort of threat was made.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Attn: Tonights show in St Louis CANCELLED
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 09:54:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Am I the only one who thinks that this is a very strange reason to cancel a show, for a band that has as much touring experience as U2? It's not like the local venue would be realizing just now that U2 draws a large crowd. This sounds like some sort of threat was made.

LN could open themselves to serious liability if the concert went on and then let out into a protest where there is potential for violence and property destruction. - and someone got hurt.  I think they just can't take the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monopoly

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 10:12:19 AM »

You have to understand the situation going on. There's not enough police force with the protests going on. There's crazy traffic because of the protests. And sometimes protests themselves become violent. Law enforcement has their hands too full. Not enough enforcement to manage security let alone manage the flow of traffic entering the stadium. I don't know in this day and age if I would attend an undersupervised u2 concert.

The whole city is literally madness right now. People are afraid to drive and go out.

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 10:22:11 AM »
It's not that bad. Just deploy the guard and be done with it

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »
Maximus, you're back!  Good to see you.  Sorry about the show.  Sounds like it was a wise decision though.  Can you go to South America?  Or will you just wait till next year?  I'm sure that's majorly disappointing--so sorry.

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »
Were just middle class folks with 5 kids. Even going to STL is a big deal in terms of money. We work hard and never really get to do anything for ourselves. Yeah it sucks.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
As disappointing as this is for fans, it would be irresponsible to move forward with a concert in this political environment without adequate police presence. All it takes is a handful of people to try to turn it into a protest event and there's no way band security could handle it. Last night the police had their hands full and deployed tear gas as protesters were hurling rocks at them.

Not a situation you want to see at a U2 show

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 10:40:06 AM »
U2 could play an hour and half away at the university they can hold over 100,000 people at farout field

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44:57 AM »
But you know I am so done with St Louis as a city we can't do anything right, lost our NFL team, lost a chance for an MLS team, can't even have a concert. This was once a great city, once the third biggest city in the country-- now we can't even have a concert.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Attn: Tonights show in St Louis CANCELLED
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »
U2 could play an hour and half away at the university they can hold over 100,000 people at farout field

How would they get the set/stage built in less than 6 hours on a college football gameday?  Maybe they could do it for a different day but it seems like their schedule is pretty packed in with a trip out west then down to South America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:48:43 AM by aviastar »

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »
They could do it tomorrow

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »
Bud, I know you're pi**ed so you're not making logistical sense. U2 rarely cancel so it's unexpected. Blame the city and its inhabitants. On hindsight, fans wish KC was AFTER STL so you could hit up STL.

Different note: I was worrying about Brian Murphy and the band security/bodyguards last night. They're breathing a sigh of relief for the band to not even be in STL now. (They fly in afternoon of the show)

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »
They don't need all the bells and whistles; they could just play. I don't blame U2 but our fan base is just as important as anyone else, I hope they find away to make it right

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 11:01:20 AM »
Remember this is the band who shows up and plays on rooftops. They could do something