Author Topic: Edge interview with Rolling Stone  (Read 8087 times)

Offline lucas.homem

• Numb
Re: Edge interview with Rolling Stone
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 04:27:12 PM »
Wow, that was a great and intelligent interview. The questions and the answers.

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Great interview.  One question- Is this "brush with mortality" a reference to the attack in Nice that Bono was near or something else?

I think he refers to Bono's bike accident.

No, it's a separate incident from the bike accident that Edge alludes to. Could be his heart, maybe a mild heart attack, cancer detected, all speculation, but at that age what else could make him consider his mortality.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 04:58:53 PM »
Glad Andy Greene asked about the Pop album and that The Edge has finally heard about its cult following.  Hopefully that will mean we'll hear some songs like Gone again.

Also, I'm glad he brought up being done playing The Joshua Tree songs on the SOE tour.  I hope they cut out anything from JT and before.  It should be songs after they got "experience" so post-80s U2.

Also, Lady with the Spinning Head would be awesome to hear.

For all Edge's talk, I'll bet half my kingdom that we'll get One, WOWY, Streets, Beautiful Day, Pride, and IWF on the next tour.

Wouldn't doubt it. Pride is too relevant with the world. Streets and WOWY will absolutely stay if they want any casuals to be remotely interested in the show. Beautiful day is a guarantee. One might be a rotational closer and I will follow could be dropped.

Yes, but if IWF is dropped it will be in favor of OOC or NYD, which is the same thing. #PotatoTomato

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
Great interview.  One question- Is this "brush with mortality" a reference to the attack in Nice that Bono was near or something else?

I think he refers to Bono's bike accident.

No, it's a separate incident from the bike accident that Edge alludes to. Could be his heart, maybe a mild heart attack, cancer detected, all speculation, but at that age what else could make him consider his mortality.
I don't think it's heath related while I realize Neice was more than a year ago some people are not so specific when talking about events in the past.  The older I get the faster time goes and I forget if it's been a year or 3 years ago

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 05:38:39 PM »
Edge's words are always so carefully weighed it seems.  I'm starting to like Adam's interview style best.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »
The shooting in Nice was on July 14, 2016.  So that's well within the timeline. If that was indeed his brush with death, he probably doesn't want to mention it specifically. He doesn't want to seem like he's making the incident more "about him", and less about the people who were actually killed.  That would probably be in poor taste to victimize himself.

If it was a health scare, he'll eventually say something to someone.  Probably in an interview.  He will eventually blab.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »

We are going to play Europe and North America next year.

The level of disrespect to Australia is staggering.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
The shooting in Nice was on July 14, 2016.  So that's well within the timeline. If that was indeed his brush with death, he probably doesn't want to mention it specifically. He doesn't want to seem like he's making the incident more "about him", and less about the people who were actually killed.  That would probably be in poor taste to victimize himself.

If it was a health scare, he'll eventually say something to someone.  Probably in an interview.  He will eventually blab.

Definitely Nice.

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »

You're spot on with the former statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 06:15:41 PM »
Good interview next tour will certainly be something to look forward to. Whatever the scare was I am sure he is fine. As we age reflection especially our own mortality has consideration.The next album as was mentioned will be a reflection on that. Bono looks great to me and can't wait to see them again.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 06:21:37 PM »
They should keep soe in the stadia... just saying.

monopoly

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2017, 06:41:39 PM »
They should keep soe in the stadia... just saying.

I think U2s days of supporting new albums with stadium tours are over. They just don't go well in a stadium.

Offline dontwantwhatideserve

• Stateless
  • moaning periodically...
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2017, 07:40:10 PM »
I would consider the EODM concert attack to be a brush with mortality...plus Nice. Plus him feeling connected to all the other ongoing attacks...

Offline Moser

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
It would be unheard of to do a show without at least "Where the Streets Have No Name."

Yeah. I think that maybe we've done one tour without "Where the Streets Have No Name" in the set.

Edge shouldn't forget just how f****** awesome their shows from before The Joshua Tree were. You don't need Streets. U2 makes the show works -- not the most popular songs.

Offline MPare1966

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Trying to throw my arms around the world.
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 07:58:07 PM »
It would be unheard of to do a show without at least "Where the Streets Have No Name."

Yeah. I think that maybe we've done one tour without "Where the Streets Have No Name" in the set.

Edge shouldn't forget just how f****** awesome their shows from before The Joshua Tree were. You don't need Streets. U2 makes the show works -- not the most popular songs.

Streets is to U2 what Born to Run is to Springsteen. Can't imagine a tour concert without it.