Poll

How would you feel if U2 played No JT songs on the SOE tour & other rarities instead?

Hallelujah! It's about damn time!  Hooray!
Ok, but I don't want to hear some songs like The Playboy Mansion
Ok, but every U2 show has to have Streets (and maybe a few other JT songs)
No!!! Most of the audience will want the hits and will barely tolerate new SOE songs. Forget about the rarities.
No. I want different rare songs played and/or they shouldn't ignore The Joshua Tree.

Author Topic: SOE tour with Pop album songs, Drowning Man, Lady w/Spinning Head & no JT songs?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
In the recent interview with the Edge, the following songs were mentioned as possibly being played on the Songs of Experience tour:

Gone
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
Playboy Mansion
Drowning Man
Lady with the Spinning Head

and not playing Joshua Tree songs such as Where the Streets Have No Name

How do you feel about that?

source:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Moser

• Wanderer
I feel many people are going to show up and wonder "What the hell are these songs?" and "Where is Sunday Bloody Sunday?"

And they are gonna sit there or stand around bored and kill the vibe of the concert.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
I mean, keep a couple warhorse songs for the casuals.

But holy god, if I got Gone and Please, I'd melt into a pool of bliss  :D :D

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
id LOVE IT if they toured sans ANY of the 80's staples. period. don't play a single 80s hit. seriously. even though i didn't see Popmart <i was 15 and to young to go to a concert> i at least saw Elevation 3 times and heard Pop songs at each show, so i'd love to see them return but i can at least die happy having heard Gone, Please, Disco. and SATS snippets.

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
I'd be fine with them letting it rest. But if they do decide not to completely skip over TJT, at least there's no more excuses to not play a deep cut. They can rest the warhorse singles.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
Well, Playboy Mansion will likely not be played. He said he tried to get it going for i&e, and we know they rehearsed it right? But it seems they didn't want it. If a song from Pop gets played, I bet it would be Gone, Please, Wake Up Dead Man or Staring at the Sun.

I always liked Wake Up Dead Man as an intro to Walk On. That'd be cool, like what they did with October/EBW.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:16:57 PM by AchtungPop »

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
This would be freaking amazing, but I'm one of those people who wants to have Streets at every show, along with the rarities mentioned. It's an essential part of the U2 experience and taking that song away would take something important away from the whole show, really.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
I liked Wake Up Dead Man as an intro to Walk On, until they played Walk On...

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, Playboy Mansion will likely not be played. He said he tried to get it going for i&e, and we know they rehearsed it right? But it seems they didn't want it. If a song from Pop gets played, I bet it would be Gone, Please, Wake Up Dead Man or Staring at the Sun.

I always liked Wake Up Dead Man as an intro to Walk On. That'd be cool, like what they did with October/EBW.

yea it def wont be SATS, they couldn't get that right on Popmart and just did the acoustic thing. Gone and Please would be the best bet, i doubt they'd go with Disco. though.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
I would love 'Lady with the Spinning head' I would happily hear anything from Pop but to drop Streets/With or Without You/Pride would be suicide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
But JT songs off the B-side could be still played. Alright, some off the A-side as well. :)

In fact, I want them to play all their songs. A U2 show is never complete. It should be an whole day.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
I hope they NEVER drop Streets. My biggest wish would be to hear Hawkmoon.

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
I would really like to see some stuff from Pop/Zooropa, but I don't think it should come at the cost of losing Pride, Streets, ISHFWILF, and so many other great songs. Why not both?

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
Also, I'm really not a fan of Playboy Mansion. It's super dated and really just not that good of a song. I really hope they don't play it.

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Wanderer
But.  Streets.  Streets, man, Streets!  That's mass without eucharist!

Well then, UTEOTW is a must.  A must, I say.