Poll

How would you feel if U2 played No JT songs on the SOE tour & other rarities instead?

Hallelujah! It's about damn time!  Hooray!
Ok, but I don't want to hear some songs like The Playboy Mansion
Ok, but every U2 show has to have Streets (and maybe a few other JT songs)
No!!! Most of the audience will want the hits and will barely tolerate new SOE songs. Forget about the rarities.
No. I want different rare songs played and/or they shouldn't ignore The Joshua Tree.

Author Topic: SOE tour with Pop album songs, Drowning Man, Lady w/Spinning Head & no JT songs?  (Read 1389 times)

monopoly

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Guys, they’re not playing Lady With the Spinning Head. Let’s be real here.
SOE sounds like they can do some dance tunes at the beginning of the live set, they surprised with all the old stuff in 2015. Maybe not this song, but certainly Discotheque.

I'll be very shocked if they do more than one song from Pop

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:32:52 PM by andrewau2 »

Offline HolyHandGrenade

• Stateless
What is up with everyone putting a dogmatic fence around TJT singles? I understand it if you're taking an objective, pragmatic approach to their set list philosophy, but coming from the fan side, why? I'm sure most of us have been to numerous concerts. Streets vs. unplayed/dusty rarities and you choose Streets precisely because it's a sacred cow? Do we really like those overplayed songs that much more that we're basically insulting the quality of the rest of their catalogue? Imagine if the first 3 songs of every new U2 album was required to be 1. Streets 2. Pride 3. WOWY. Hurray, right? /rant over

They are three all time classics by any bands standards. Rant over.

Yes, that's reasonable. But my point stands that after a certain point, you're not getting anything novel out of another performance of those songs. I'm also a big fan of Muse, and would much rather see them break the eternal concrete mold that is their set list, than hear Knights of Cydonia again, no matter how how great that song is. Eating pizza everyday gets old after a while, and justifying that by saying pizza is your favorite food skirts the issue of moderation, in fact, it spites that issue. So if you're happy with the repetition, then more power to you, because it's a win-win, but I can't understand why the fan base as a whole would prefer it over a concert that is unique and leaves a lasting impression. Not a jab at you in particular, to clarify.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:39:47 AM by HolyHandGrenade »

Offline Racingfan53

• Babyface
  • Gal 2:20

Absolutely.  I'd love to hear all these, along with Two Hearts.  That song seems very live-friendly... but how long exactly has it been since they've played it?  I also don't really want to hear Bad.  With Bono's voice's timbre having changed big-time, and them having to drop it at least four whole steps,  I don't love the modern live versions.  It's just not the same.

But I totally want "The Fly" and "Acrobat."  Why not some POP and Zooropa songs?  Why not some rarities from R&H/TUF/War?  This is their "experience" album, anyways.  I think playing their rarely-performed songs fits well into that theme.

And yet never at the expense of Streets.  How can you play a U2 concert without Streets?

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I hope we will meet again!

Absolutely.  I'd love to hear all these, along with Two Hearts.  That song seems very live-friendly... but how long exactly has it been since they've played it?  I also don't really want to hear Bad.  With Bono's voice's timbre having changed big-time, and them having to drop it at least four whole steps,  I don't love the modern live versions.  It's just not the same.

But I totally want "The Fly" and "Acrobat."  Why not some POP and Zooropa songs?  Why not some rarities from R&H/TUF/War?  This is their "experience" album, anyways.  I think playing their rarely-performed songs fits well into that theme.

And yet never at the expense of Streets.  How can you play a U2 concert without Streets?
They just played it on the I+E tour.