Author Topic: What was Bono's "mortality crisis"?  (Read 5182 times)

Offline benpoke

• Refugee
Re: What was Bono's "mortality crisis"?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 12:12:38 AM »
Sounds like a cardiac arrest that he managed to recover from to me.  He's the ripe age for it and he likes his clues - "I was arrested".

Offline kerrica

• Babyface
  • I get so many things I don’t deserve
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 09:07:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sounds like a cardiac arrest that he managed to recover from to me.  He's the ripe age for it and he likes his clues - "I was arrested".

Good one. I never considered that.

Offline achtungbhoy

• Babyface
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2018, 07:27:53 AM »
I am guessing he had a health scare of some sort eg mild heart attack, needed a stent put in, low grade tumour type issue. Seems more directly personal than Nice and something more recent than the bike accident. Expect it will come out in due course, probably in the lead up to the tour or whilst on tour.

I would guess that too. I wondered if the group photo in the CD sleeve of the new album was a clue in that he's holding his left arm. That's often where pain strikes with a heart attack. Might be wide of the mark but it did occur to me...

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 11:44:29 AM »
I am guessing he had a health scare of some sort eg mild heart attack, needed a stent put in, low grade tumour type issue. Seems more directly personal than Nice and something more recent than the bike accident. Expect it will come out in due course, probably in the lead up to the tour or whilst on tour.

I would guess that too. I wondered if the group photo in the CD sleeve of the new album was a clue in that he's holding his left arm. That's often where pain strikes with a heart attack. Might be wide of the mark but it did occur to me...
But he also broke that arm in the bike crash.

Offline jonnydeaf

• Stateless
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 01:58:32 PM »
The liner notes mention there was an incident without going into detail.
Here's a link to a youtube video where Bono is reading the liner notes.
The part about the "shock to the system" begins at 2:50.

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2018, 03:52:08 PM »
I still think that a heart attack and especially and arrest would be hard to keep under wraps in a hospital, also having a friend last year have a mild heart attack it has taken him quite a time to recover and he certainly wouldn't have been capable of prancing around on stage or drinking hard after that and he is younger than Bono and not unfit

Offline vanvooh

• Wanderer
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 11:52:04 AM »
Not necesarily true.. I had a heart attack as well and after having a stent put in, I felt much better.  Plus cardio activity is what they prescribe for you so him dancing around would be a good thing and what his doctors would want to see. The drinking can also be done just in moderation.  I dont think that Bono hits it too hard anyway

Saint22

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
I still think that a heart attack and especially and arrest would be hard to keep under wraps in a hospital, also having a friend last year have a mild heart attack it has taken him quite a time to recover and he certainly wouldn't have been capable of prancing around on stage or drinking hard after that and he is younger than Bono and not unfit

He was in the hospital for something; we just don't know what, so whatever it was, it is under wraps. Why would a heart attack be any different than cancer or anything else?

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2018, 02:50:23 PM »
Apparently they added imagery of brain tissue (Bono's?) to the opening song in which you hear the MRI beeps.