Author Topic: Post Concert Depression  (Read 916 times)

Offline MysteriousFly

• Babyface
  • I believe in the powers that be..wont overpower me
Re: Post Concert Depression
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 08:02:22 PM »
A few days later i did feel a bit down, just cause i was so hyped up for the Boston show....but having a new album to look forward to is always a good way to ease down and move on to  the next U2 related event...new video/album/single/show or other stuff. As for future albums, U2 will likely get creative and try something new that will surprise us all.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »
I definitely felt this after the 360 tour, and it was a long four years until the I+E tour. This time, I'm a little bummed that I won't get to hear some of these JT songs (and probably Ultra Violet) live ever again, but it's really not a big deal to me this time because the next tour will be starting very soon.

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 09:17:31 AM »
Interesting. I felt something very similar after The Joshua Tree tour in Minneapolis. I believe we build it up so much that we go into a state of melancholy afterward. Similar to when company leaves after staying at your home for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 05:20:47 AM »
I may have just a touch of this syndrome. I just got back from a wonderful vacation, and realized that the U2 concert was better than my trip. Is that even possible? sigh.

Offline cabral255

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »
You are definitely not alone on this. It usually takes me about a week until I snap out of it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 05:28:41 PM »
Has anyone else had the experience of an absolutely transcendent U2 concert, where everything just came together to make it a perfect evening of music?  This happened to me in Cleveland and no I wasn't on anything :0

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 05:16:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone else had the experience of an absolutely transcendent U2 concert, where everything just came together to make it a perfect evening of music?  This happened to me in Cleveland and no I wasn't on anything :0
My first SOI show was like that...of course, it was my first live U2 show ever, so that's probably why. I honestly thought I had died and gone to heaven. The world around me ceased to exist. It was just me and the music. Absolute heaven. I will NEVER forget that night.

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »
My first SOI show was like that...of course, it was my first live U2 show ever, so that's probably why. I honestly thought I had died and gone to heaven. The world around me ceased to exist. It was just me and the music. Absolute heaven. I will NEVER forget that night.
Yes, that happened in Cleveland to me.  The poetry streaming in before the show, the warm July sun, the taste of my mustardy hot dog, the company of my husband next to me, the cool place we stayed in downtown Cleveland, the proximity of Bono to me prior to the show ....one of the greatest days ever!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »
Yes, that happened in Cleveland to me.  The poetry streaming in before the show, the warm July sun, the taste of my mustardy hot dog, the company of my husband next to me, the cool place we stayed in downtown Cleveland, the proximity of Bono to me prior to the show ....one of the greatest days ever!
"Stolen days you don't give back"...

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 04:39:39 PM »

Yes!  It was during the Vertigo tour.  Had GA with my husband, nephew and his friend.  It was one of the most perfect days of my life from start to finish.  We all met up on time, joined the GA line, hung out with some great fans.  During this tour to get up front your ticket had to be scanned to get into the "ellipse".  When my ticket was scanned, it came up ellipse.  The very nice security person let us all in and we ended up front row right in front of The Edge.  Still the best day of my life! 

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 04:49:10 PM »

Yes!  It was during the Vertigo tour.  Had GA with my husband, nephew and his friend.  It was one of the most perfect days of my life from start to finish.  We all met up on time, joined the GA line, hung out with some great fans.  During this tour to get up front your ticket had to be scanned to get into the "ellipse".  When my ticket was scanned, it came up ellipse.  The very nice security person let us all in and we ended up front row right in front of The Edge.  Still the best day of my life!
WOW. Beautiful!

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 05:31:48 PM »
   Nice stories about transcendent U2 shows.  I think this is a phenomenon.  Maybe it's a small glimpse of heaven :0
   Regarding the ladies doing the "sexay booty dance" to "Mothers of the Disappeared":  I am now seriously laughing out loud.  That's an image I'll now probably always have whenever I hear this song! :o 

Offline cabral255

• Wanderer
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 06:11:40 AM »
I went to two JT yours this year and I was depressed when the 1st show was over, but not after the 2nd one. I think it's because I finally got to live out seeing them in the GA section up front. It filled a dream that I always wanted to see them that way.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk