Author Topic: Announcements coming October 20th?  (Read 7270 times)

Offline The Slow Loris

• Refugee
Re: Announcements coming October 20th?
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2017, 08:09:07 PM »
Given the props for the new video (for 'Get Out of Your Own Way'), it's pretty obvious that the new video (and likely the album info) will be released on The Day of the Dead (The Mexican Holiday (Día del Los Muertos), which this year happens to begin on October 31st. Celebrations continue on until November 2nd. But I would be shocked if it wasn't released on the 31st. It's also a great nod to Mexico and all the people who lost their lives during the earthquakes this year, as this holiday is about celebrating the dead and the lives they had. Good on U2 👍

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
Larry's Halloween costume: a t-shirt with the slogan, "It's my birthday and all I got was a song I've already heard a million times."

It's a bit like re-gifting.

Offline tommyboy6913

• Refugee
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2017, 09:57:06 PM »
I believe they will make an official announcement on Tues Oct 31st and drop their new Single "Get Out of Your Own Way." The reason why is because it's not only Day of Dead holiday in Mexico, but it's Halloween here in the U.S. Plus, it's a Tuesday which is when the music industry releases new albums and singles. I'm usually right about these kind of things  :)

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2017, 11:09:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I believe they will make an official announcement on Tues Oct 31st and drop their new Single "Get Out of Your Own Way." The reason why is because it's not only Day of Dead holiday in Mexico, but it's Halloween here in the U.S. Plus, it's a Tuesday which is when the music industry releases new albums and singles. I'm usually right about these kind of things  :)
The US has been releasing new albums on Friday’s for awhile now.