Poll

Which deluxe album do you like the most (pick 3)

Boy
5 (5.5%)
October
3 (3.3%)
War
1 (1.1%)
Unforgettable Fire
12 (13.2%)
Joshua Tree
27 (29.7%)
Achtung Baby
36 (39.6%)
Songs of Innocence
7 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Best Deluxe Album  (Read 794 times)

Offline RB

• Babyface
Re: Best Deluxe Album
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 04:57:41 AM »
Songs of Innocence! Don't know how Lucifer's Hands and Crystal ballroom are not part of the main album!!

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 05:31:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Songs of Innocence! Don't know how Lucifer's Hands and Crystal ballroom are not part of the main album!!
Yeah, that's why I love that deluxe version, too. Those added songs and different mixes makes the album feels much more complete.

But I understand why it's not on the normal album. It just don't really fit. Probably because of the 'na na na na' on Luficer's Hands and the 'oehoeh' on Crystall Ballroom.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »
I've thought about this myself.  Here's what I'd pick:

TUF.  The second disc only has a few misses--the remixes to Wire and the pointless inclusion of 11 o'clock Tick Tock really needn't be there.  Otherwise, it's a great set of music, spanning live stuff, b-sides, and other rarities.

TJT.  Except my enjoyment of the second disc drops precipitously after the proper b-sides.

AB.  Although again, all of the b-sides are great, and a few of the "new" tracks.  But then you get to Everybody Loves a Winner, and Heaven and Hell, which both just slog.

October.  It's a mixed bag, but there's some really good live material, and I love the alternate recordings of those 2-3 songs they did.  That version of Scarlet is great--very ambient.

War.  Too many remixes.

SOI.  Eh.  I don't have patience for the acoustic sessions.  The two "b-side" songs and Invisible are about all I need.