Author Topic: Are changes coming to how U2.com offers Presales?  (Read 987 times)

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
Are changes coming to how U2.com offers Presales?
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:50:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I just went on my account page on U2.com and clicked on that agreement, but it wouldn't accept it.  The checkmark remains in the box even after I clicked on submit.  Maybe this will be in effect at a later date.

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Are changes coming to how U2.com offers Presales?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:36:39 AM »
This is really interesting industry stuff.  Thanks.

I doubt I'd be "at the front of the line" but I never seem to be able to get what I want through presales anyway, so while it remains to be seen what if anything will be implemented, it sounds fun.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.u2gigs.com/myshows/31519
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:13:11 AM »
This whole concept is rooted in "gamification' which was best used before the NYC Global Citizen concert. It demands that people meet programmed criteria that is checked off using computer logic and then create a public profile. It is fairly popular amongst young millennials and requires that they 'earn' their fandom. Off course it is steeped in their language, Facebook, twitter, etc. and is also heavily indebted to activism and publicity.

It is challenge based and objectively driven so inevitable SJW's of the world will cry foul and demand its removal. LOL.

monopoly

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:45:46 PM »
I doubt it. Same glitchy terrible process as usual

Offline padrepio

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 02:42:57 PM »
seems a bit unfair on us "oldies"...have been a paid member from propaganda days and although i can understand the need to negate touts who pay up annually to fan clubs so as to get preferential tickets to sell on where does that leave us old inactive online fans who rely on their membership to get a decent shout of a ticket ?

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 02:57:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
seems a bit unfair on us "oldies"...have been a paid member from propaganda days and although i can understand the need to negate touts who pay up annually to fan clubs so as to get preferential tickets to sell on where does that leave us old inactive online fans who rely on their membership to get a decent shout of a ticket ?

There's no reason for this new system to be at odds with the old. I've used the text code method for a few shows, and it works great. All they have to do to use this system AND take care of long-time subscribers is have tiered presales, just like they have always done. For example, long-time members have their presale on Monday, year-plus on Tuesday, new when the tour was announced on Wednesday, venue and credit card presales on Thursday and general public on Friday.

There's no reason to fret about this. The system of texting codes a couple of hours before the presale works great.