Author Topic: New Member  (Read 140 times)

Offline ricebird5678

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:34:56 PM »
Hello everyone. I just recently joined and I'm sure like many have been profoundly impacted by U2's catalog of music.

I am 23 years old, and currently studying in law school. The first song of U2's I ever heard was "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." I remember that it was a sound unlike what I had ever heard before and my  curiosity impelled me to look into the band.

Needless to say, I fell in love with the band. The lyrics, the brotherhood, the sound, can not be duplicated. I live in a remote area, so needless to say, the closest U2 comes to be is about 10 hours away. I saw them in concert for the first time at Bonnaroo music festival. My first U2 concert and first festival experience. I waited for the better part of two days to be in the front of the pit. When Larry struck the opening beat of "Sunday Bloody Sunday," it was a surreal moment as I realized I was in the presence of titans. Having seen them live has elevated my love for them even more. It felt like I was in church.

Looking forward to hearing the stories of each of you. It's a beautiful day.

Offline bfvertigo1

• Wanderer
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:21:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello everyone. I just recently joined and I'm sure like many have been profoundly impacted by U2's catalog of music.

I am 23 years old, and currently studying in law school. The first song of U2's I ever heard was "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." I remember that it was a sound unlike what I had ever heard before and my  curiosity impelled me to look into the band.

Needless to say, I fell in love with the band. The lyrics, the brotherhood, the sound, can not be duplicated. I live in a remote area, so needless to say, the closest U2 comes to be is about 10 hours away. I saw them in concert for the first time at Bonnaroo music festival. My first U2 concert and first festival experience. I waited for the better part of two days to be in the front of the pit. When Larry struck the opening beat of "Sunday Bloody Sunday," it was a surreal moment as I realized I was in the presence of titans. Having seen them live has elevated my love for them even more. It felt like I was in church.

Looking forward to hearing the stories of each of you. It's a beautiful day.

You´re welcome!!!