Author Topic: Bands/Artists you used to love, but have fallen from favour?  (Read 692 times)

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
Re: Bands/Artists you used to love, but have fallen from favour?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 05:35:49 PM »
i think its fair play- maybe we're just looking at different sampling groups.  I'm sure there are sports teams that fans turn other other people away from the team- even for people who don't follow sports.  Raiders fans, Seahawk fans, Yankee fans, any fans of a team in Boston, etc.....

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 08:53:43 AM »
Coldplay. First three albums were rock solid. Viva la Vida went slightly to the dark side, then Mylo Xyloto and everything beyond are just awful.

Offline Larry Mullen Seniors Son

• Babyface
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
Red Hot Chili Peppers. I was on board until I actually saw them live in 2012. Anthony was disrespectful to the audience and the other three just couldn't seem to get in sync. And as I've gotten older, the music feels more and more silly.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • welp, looks like I'm not making it to 10k posts
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
the fans is such a weak excuse. you dont like that they go to all the shows they can or something? i can see why some people dont like radiohead cuz of the fans but the PJ and Springsteen thing i dont get.

One word: proselytizing.

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 02:44:47 PM »
The Chemical Brothers, Prodigy.

Offline DK46

• Refugee
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 04:05:24 PM »
Morrissey.  I still quite like The Smiths and a number of his solo albums, but with each release, I just find him more insufferable.  His latest album, musically speaking was actually alright, but lyrically all over the place.  The first 5 or so songs are pretty solid though.

It's sometimes hard to separate the art from the artist and he's increasingly becoming tougher to swallow for me.

Offline scrittoresabino

• Stateless
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »
There are several bands whose first 2, and sometimes 3 albums I fell in love with, and in many cases still have love for, but their music bored me after, or just was nowhere near the same level

Radiohead: The Bends is still phenomenal. Half of OK Computer is still Brilliant, the other half rubbish and juvenile. Since they have some great songs hear and there, but mostly forgettable

Coldplay: 2 great first albums, their best song on the 3rd (Fix You), but boring after. Every song is the same mid tempo ballad

Pearl Jam: Nothing stands up to Ten and Vs

Smashing Pumpkins: Siamesse Dream is still one of my favorite albums

Interpol: Turn on the Bright Light still shines

Killers: Such energy atmosphere and attitude at the beginning

Offline miracle_al

• Babyface
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 11:03:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Counting Crows.  I thought August and Everything After and Recovering the Satellites were amazing albums (particularly Satellites)...and then everything fell off after that.  This Desert Life had some good songs but it went downhill fast from there...including a really crappy cover of Big Yellow Taxi with Vanessa Carlton.

I still love the Recovering The Satellites though.  That album has moments of brilliance.

I totally agree with this.  I would also add the band Live to this discussion.  I loved the early albums, but they started getting too mystical for me.  I couldn't relate any longer.

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2017, 09:20:10 AM »
Two that spring to mind:
Foo Fighters. I loved the 90s stuff. 2000s was a bit patchy but still produced the awesome All My Life, Times Like These.
Wasting Light was a great return to form but everything since has been so bland and boring.

Muse. God I loved Muse from 2000-4. They were easily my favourite band and saw them live several times. The rot started with Black Holes - it was the first Muse album that
I didn't like every track and Take A Bow marked the start of their wanting to be Queen phase. Since then they've steadily gone downhill and have almost become a Muse tribute band. The last single Dig Down was terrible.

As for Coldplay - I hated X and Y, VLV but I've liked everything they've done from Mylo Xyloto. They've really embraced their pop side and taken it to a whole new level.