Author Topic: Do you "promote" U2 (songs), in your own way?  (Read 281 times)

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
Do you "promote" U2 (songs), in your own way?
« on: October 09, 2017, 03:03:04 PM »
If I drove people around, I imagine that if I played U2 songs and there was no chatter in the car (ie: people are actually paying attention to the music), I imagine that people would frequently ask me "wow, what song is this?"

Anyone does this? Sadly I don't drive anyone in my personal car.

(Females might understand this better)
What I started doing this year, is write slash fanfiction and title the stories with U2's SOI or SOE song titles I like.  ;D
At the start and end of the story, I quote (what I hope are) touching lyrics from the U2 song that is the title, to set the mood.
At the end of the story, I give a youtube link to the song to encourage readers to listen.

I write stories about Tony Stark (Iron Man). Marvel comic movies are one of the most relevant things in pop culture now, and there are quite a few fiction readers.

There was a story called "Song for Someone". Shameless excuse to youtube link that gorgeous acoustic of SFS on the Graham Norton Show, where the handsome RDJ was a guest sitting on the couch with the band!

I'm really excited to publish a story called "You're The Best Thing About Me" around Halloween, when the new Thor movie comes out (Hulk's in it). The idea is that Bruce Banner/Hulk is the best thing about Tony/Iron Man, um cos they're a loving couple in my fake world.
I've chosen to youtube link the scifi soul version, because I think that's the most palatable to non-fans, with the sweet tinkling bells in the background.
The lyric quote will be "I can see you love [him] loudly / When [he] needs you quietly."

The fanfiction is published free on a fiction works site. Of course, I'm too insignificant for U2 to send a cease-and-desist-using-our-song-titles.
Side note: you know U2 would kill to have a 20-second music slot in the Avengers' 2018 movie, in their quest for "relevancy".

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
Re: Do you "promote" U2 (songs), in your own way?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 03:20:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"I can see you love her loudly / When she needs you quietly."

So that's what the words to that part are!  ;D thx!

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 03:30:24 PM »

Aww, Edge has really clear diction! The falsettoiness might make it harder to hear though.

My fave part of the song.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 04:26:48 PM »

Aww, Edge has really clear diction! The falsettoiness might make it harder to hear though.

My fave part of the song.
This...Edge the perfect voice for this part.

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »
I teach group fitness classes. I’ll play new U2, or old remixes (12 inch in the parlance of my youth) before pre-choreographed classes to set the tone. In my own choreo classes (cycle) I just use U2 outright. I like Vertigo, COBL, Magnificent remix, and HMTMKMKM. Lately, Kygo’s collab on The Best Thing in my warm up. I don’t go too “deep” with tracks though, because cycle classes should have a majority of recognizable songs.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:27:36 AM »
I teach group fitness classes. I’ll play new U2, or old remixes (12 inch in the parlance of my youth) before pre-choreographed classes to set the tone. In my own choreo classes (cycle) I just use U2 outright. I like Vertigo, COBL, Magnificent remix, and HMTMKMKM. Lately, Kygo’s collab on The Best Thing in my warm up. I don’t go too “deep” with tracks though, because cycle classes should have a majority of recognizable songs.
I work out to U2 every day...never gets old. Favorite albums for workouts are AB, POP, Boy, and UF.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 07:25:51 AM »
I used to be like a one man Crusade for u2. I was well known for trying to convert people to the cause. IN all honesty tho, life has changed so much this past 20 years and i find im not so "in your face" as far as u2 goes now. I used to think it was impossible NOT to like u2 and that i was doing everyone a favour by trying to convert them all.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 09:15:49 AM »
Simply: no.  I don't socialize much these days, and those that I do socialize with I'm already cognizant of their views on U2.  I don't waste my time trying to convince other people to like stuff that I like anymore.  If they somehow do, great, but I'm not concerned about it.