Author Topic: Favorite live performance of this JT tour?  (Read 923 times)

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Favorite live performance of this JT tour?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »
In God's Country.I hadn't seen that live in 30yrs and, in Rome, it was awesome  :D

Offline scstekel

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 02:55:48 PM »
A little surprised that Bullet the Blue Sky hasn't made an appearance here yet.   That one, and Exit, were brilliant for me, and all too relevant again all these years after they first appeared. 

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A little surprised that Bullet the Blue Sky hasn't made an appearance here yet.   That one, and Exit, were brilliant for me, and all too relevant again all these years after they first appeared.

Bullet the Blue Sky was so good on the SoI tour it is hard to think it was a stand-out this time round.

Offline hollywoodswag

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 01:14:14 PM »
As much as I want to pick a different song, Elevation takes the cake for me from the show I saw. The energy in Raymond James Stadium was like nothing I've ever seen when they played that song. That place exploded!

I'm going to be good and only give the award to one song, but Bullet the Blue Sky, One Tree Hill, and Mothers of the Disappeared deserve honorable mentions. I felt like the show was almost too loud from where I was standing, but the noise was fitting for BTBS (coupled with exceptional production), and the latter two were mellow enough that I felt like I really got to enjoy them properly.

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »
Yep, Exit was absolutely, earth shakingly, end of the world good. The opening four songs were great too but Bad stood head and shoulders above the other three. In Gods Country was great too.

Offline podiumboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 11:43:29 AM »
"Exit" was worth the price of admission alone.  The R&H version of Exit was one of the first "OMG U2 are awesome!!!" moments I had at the impressionable age of 13.  It didn't dissapoint.  Hearing tracks 6-11 live at all was a surreal experience. 

Offline evaboogaard

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 03:05:11 PM »
mothers of the disappeared and in god's country. unpopular opinion, i know, but i just really liked 'em

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 03:53:12 AM »
mothers of the disappeared and in god's country. unpopular opinion, i know, but i just really liked 'em
It's great to have a unpopular opinion ;). In Gods Country had a nice intro and Space Tree was nice!

Offline MysteriousFly

• Babyface
  • I believe in the powers that be..wont overpower me
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 08:10:07 PM »
I'd say Exit,bullet the blue sky,vertigo, new year's day,ultraviolet. Its tough to pick though when you can only afford one show. So many to choose from.

Offline JonD

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 04:23:37 PM »
Exit is one of my all time favourite songs and JT30 was my first time hearing it live (ZOO TV was my first u2 show). I thought I would never hear it live and u2 absolutely nailed it. I have never looked forward to a live song so much and have had exceed my expectations. Loved it!! 

Also special mention to TTYW - amazing live!

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 12:00:05 AM »
Exit is one of my all time favourite songs and JT30 was my first time hearing it live (ZOO TV was my first u2 show). I thought I would never hear it live and u2 absolutely nailed it. I have never looked forward to a live song so much and have had exceed my expectations. Loved it!! 

Also special mention to TTYW - amazing live!

Exit was AWESOME, I agree with everybody here.  May be the last time I get to say this here but I'm JEALOUS of everyone who got to go to ZOO TV in person.

Offline hollywoodswag

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
I'd like to echo the sentiment about In God's Country being very good. I know I didn't mention it as a total showstopper in my previous post, but it was no slouch by any means and one of the show's better points. I get a kick out of the fact that it isn't necessarily one of the band's favorites, because I think of the four singles from the album, it and Streets go back and forth as my favorite. I was thrilled to hear it live, even if I only just really paid attention to it right before the tour (and probably much more afterward).

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »
I really hate to be cliche here but... Exit.  His whole persona, the atmosphere, everything about it was awesome. I also feel New Years Day had more of a bite compared to other recent tours.

Offline miracle_al

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 02:09:19 PM »
Exit or Red Hill Mining Town.  If I had to choose one, I'd say Exit.  It definitely kicked the energy up a notch!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:03:23 PM by miracle_al »

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 09:28:01 AM »
Trip Through Your Wires. So much fun.