Author Topic: SOE Song Titles  (Read 1338 times)

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
SOE Song Titles
« on: October 13, 2017, 03:39:30 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So I did a little search on the PRS website for works recently registered by Paul David Hewson.

Here are titles

American Soul
Book of Your Heart
Get out of your own way
Lights in front of me
Lights of home
Little Things
Love Is All We Have Left
Love is bigger than anything in it's way
Red Flag Day
Summer of Love
The Blackout
The Landlady
The Showman
There is a light
You're the best thing

Looking at the codes and amendments on the site I wouldn't be surprised if The Blackout doesn't make the cut and two of those tracks are bonus tracks for deluxe versions maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: SOE Song Titles
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 03:40:18 AM »

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 04:54:07 AM »
Interesting. Could you provide us a full link of it?  :)

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 04:56:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Interesting. Could you provide us a full link of it?  :)

Unfortunately I can't because you need to be a member of the PRS. Maybe you could try sign up. However I'm a writer and I had to pay to join.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:10:46 AM »
Aha, OK. Thanks anyway!

Again that weird typo in Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way...

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:12:17 AM »
Aha, OK. Thanks anyway!

Again that weird typo in Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way...

Yeah I noticed that too ... odd

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 06:34:25 AM »

So I did a little search on the PRS website for works recently registered by Paul David Hewson.

Here are titles

American Soul
Book of Your Heart
Get out of your own way
Lights in front of me
Lights of home
Little Things
Love Is All We Have Left
Love is bigger than anything in it's way
Red Flag Day
Summer of Love
The Blackout
The Landlady
The Showman
There is a light
You're the best thing

Looking at the codes and amendments on the site I wouldn't be surprised if The Blackout doesn't make the cut and two of those tracks are bonus tracks for deluxe versions maybe?

I'm pretty sure they promoted The Blackout as an SOE song, so that's probably locked in.

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »
That is interesting. What's on the right half of the screen? Could we see the codes and amendments or is that sort of secretive/sensitive stuff?

Also, I was curious as to what Four Chords was, since it had Edge listed. and I'm kind of sorry I spent the time lol here it is below if anyone else is curious:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:01:08 AM by Messenger »

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »
That is interesting. What's on the right half of the screen? Could we see the codes and amendments or is that sort of secretive/sensitive stuff?

Also, I was curious as to what Four Chords was, since it had Edge listed. and I'm kind of sorry I spent the time lol here it is below if anyone else is curious:

The next column is the publisher (Blue Mountain Mountain) and then it's the ISRC codes which are just unique codes that get assigned to every song. Then after that it's a ISWC number which EVERY new song on this list has EXCEPT the Blackout ... the last column is titled 'Work Status' where all the new songs are listed as 'Work Fully Documented' and The Blackout is 'New Work Registered'

When you click on each song that tells you who gets what %'s which is 12.5% per member and 50% Universal Publishing

There is also a drop down menu titled 'Key Dates'

Work Amendment Date is 9th October 2017 for all tracks except The Blackout which is 3rd October 2017

And Work Creation Date is listed as 2nd October 2017 for all the tracks

monopoly

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 09:27:08 AM »
All of this looks legit. They haven't talked about "instrument flying" or "civilization" in a while so I guess those songs are off the list. Bono mentioned they had 15 songs and needed to cut it to 12. So we're getting 12 songs and then bonus songs, acoustic and alternative/dj remixes.

But really, 3 songs with "light" in the title in addition to the blackouts "when the lights go out"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:28:49 AM by monopoly »

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »
All of this looks legit. They haven't talked about "instrument flying" or "civilization" in a while so I guess those songs are off the list. Bono mentioned they had 15 songs and needed to cut it to 12. So we're getting 12 songs and then bonus songs, acoustic and alternative/dj remixes.

But really, 3 songs with "light" in the title in addition to the blackouts "when the lights go out"

Also from my own experience and from what it's worth a vinyl pressing plant won't touch a song unless it's registered with MCPS and PRS. They should be pressing the vinyl now if they want it in stores on 1st December. They probably sent it to print last week.

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 09:40:10 AM »

Also from my own experience and from what it's worth a vinyl pressing plant won't touch a song unless it's registered with MCPS and PRS. They should be pressing the vinyl now if they want it in stores on 1st December. They probably sent it to print last week.

Makes sense. The 3rd leg of the JT tour ended Sep 22, the 4th leg started on Oct 3. They finalized everything between those dates.

Thanks for the additional info/explanation. I just hope someone at AMP Design or whoever catches that typo.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:42:38 AM by Messenger »

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »

Makes sense. The 3rd leg of the JT tour ended Sep 22, the 4th leg started on Oct 3. They finalized everything between those dates.

Thanks for the additional info/explanation. I just hope someone at AMP Design or whoever catches that typo.

No problem

'Book of your heart' doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere before

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 10:40:02 AM »

No problem

'Book of your heart' doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere before

Yeah, maybe that turned into another song.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
"There is a light"??? is that part two of Song for Someone???