Author Topic: SOE Song Titles  (Read 1380 times)

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
Re: SOE Song Titles
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 03:07:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So many intriguing questions here.
Anyone have thoughts on  whatsup with

"The Landlady"?

"Mist and Snow" ?(I know it's a Yeats poem, the waterboys once set it to music, and U2 seemed to have performed it once in 1989.  Matt mentions Bono singing it once

"four chords"? (I read the links and get the idea.  The names of composers are interesting

"Book of Your Heart " (seems a major find)?
--
On "Blackout," I've been thinking for some time they will banish it to a hidden track on deluxe version (like Invisible on SOI)

Rob:
Thanks for posting.  Great video, too.  Once these titles are locked  on the website, any chances titles can change etc?

:

The titles pretty much need to stay the same . It is possible to change or create a new submission in the database but it's unlikely as the album will be heading into production now ready for the stores on 1/12.

The titles have also been assigned various distribution codes too which wouldn't normally happen unless being officially released.

I'd say they're as good as confirmed.

As '4 chords' is just the royalties they collect for a parody video. 'Mist and Snow' seems odd maybe Bono read the poem somewhere and claimed rights for it. But I don't think its album related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Rob.  Great info.

That's what I figured.
Kind of surprised more folks aren't jumping on your post from all over the interwebs. 

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »
So many intriguing questions here.
Anyone have thoughts on  whatsup with

"The Landlady"?

"Mist and Snow" ?(I know it's a Yeats poem, the waterboys once set it to music, and U2 seemed to have performed it once in 1989.  Matt mentions Bono singing it once

"four chords"? (I read the links and get the idea.  The names of composers are interesting

"Book of Your Heart " (seems a major find)?
--
On "Blackout," I've been thinking for some time they will banish it to a hidden track on deluxe version (like Invisible on SOI)

Rob:
Thanks for posting.  Great video, too.  Once these titles are locked  on the website, any chances titles can change etc?

:

The titles pretty much need to stay the same . It is possible to change or create a new submission in the database but it's unlikely as the album will be heading into production now ready for the stores on 1/12.

The titles have also been assigned various distribution codes too which wouldn't normally happen unless being officially released.

I'd say they're as good as confirmed.

As '4 chords' is just the royalties they collect for a parody video. 'Mist and Snow' seems odd maybe Bono read the poem somewhere and claimed rights for it. But I don't think its album related.

Thanks, Rob.  Great info.

That's what I figured.
Kind of surprised more folks aren't jumping on your post from all over the interwebs.

People seem to be settled on the list that includes 'Much more better' maybe I've got it wrong but I don't see how.

I guess we'll find out in time.

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 01:57:16 PM »
To anyone wondering if this is all legit,

Bono himself has confrimed the "Book of Your Heart Song" in his new interview on SOE tracks.
It's on deluxe edition

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
SOE Song Titles
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 01:59:41 PM »
To anyone wondering if this is all legit,

Bono himself has confrimed the "Book of Your Heart Song" in his new interview on SOE tracks.
It's on deluxe edition

"Bono mentioned a new song that hasn't been discussed before, "The Book Of Your Heart,"

Yeah someone wants to tell that Matt McGhee that 'Book of your heart' was first mentioned on this very forum a week ago

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:01:52 PM by robgalloway »