Author Topic: Which songs carry a memory connected to a significant location for you?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline BorneOfSound

• Stateless
  • Are you tough enough to be kind?
Re: Which songs carry a memory connected to a significant location for you?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »
There are many but the entire “Love Is Here” album by Starsailor takes me back to an exact location in Chicago. It was tied to a former relationship too so that’s part of it I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 03:07:07 PM »
- Pass the Dutchie by Musical Youth reminds me of being in the back of the car on the M6 motorway heading up on holiday to relatives in Scotland in 1982 (it was on the radio).
- Every Breath You Take by The Police reminds me of the barren slag heaps of the Ffestiniog slate mining area of North Wales.  Again, it was on the radio on our way to go down the slate mine on holiday in 1983.
- Fairground by Simply Red reminds me of a fellow student's 21st birthday party disco in her hometown of Oldham near Manchester
- Lemon by U2 reminds me of the joint staff/student bar at Uni.  It was my first term and Lemon was on the jukebox and everyone tried to out-sing everyone (especially the rugby team) and I'm sure there was standing on benches and tables.
- Relight My Fire by Take That & Lulu as above (it was U2 vs Take That on the university social bar jukebox for my first term away from home).
- City of Blinding Lights by U2 reminds me of a bus journey back through Dublin on an Irish bank holiday Monday, stopping at Dun Laoghaire to by the CD single and looking forward to seeing the shimmering lights of Dublin later that night.

Offline kevtn43

• Refugee
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 03:48:29 PM »
Tommy Lee song Good Times  it takes me to summer and the beach everyday i hear

Offline mattangel

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 10:25:16 AM »
Riders on the Storm  Nosara Costa Rica surfing on a 10 foot ++ day.
There are so many songs that bring up memories of times, places and people and different periods of life.  That is one of the gifts of music.
 :)

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
I bought Howie B's "Music For Babies" when I was on holiday in Aberdeen, Scotland. There is something very late-90s Scottish about this record.