Author Topic: Anyone here ever been to see The Killers?  (Read 169 times)

Offline cabral255

• Stateless
Anyone here ever been to see The Killers?
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:07:31 AM »
I know it's all about u2 here but since we all seem to have somewhat similar taste in music on here I am wondering if anyone has ever been to see The Killers? I got two VIP tickets before U2 announced there tour and now I think I should sell them since I just spent a ton on u2 tickets, but if its a great show maybe I would keep them.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I Am Here
Re: Anyone here ever been to see The Killers?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:24:22 AM »
I am a fan. They put on a good live show. Would definitely go. I mostly like their latest album too. And they will play Mr Brightside so worth it for that alone.

Offline linds61119

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »
Yes! Love the Killers, they put on a great show. I've been GA, up close a few times and it's great. I would definitely say it's worth it.

Offline cabral255

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »
Thanks, I will probably go my tickets are VIP GA so we get early entry

Offline DK46

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »
I've been tempted to go, apparently two of the members are temporarily out of the band, or at least are not touring with them (though they're still in the band technically).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:31:19 PM by DK46 »

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 02:20:57 PM »
No.  They were headlining Hyde Park the same night U2 were playing their first Twickenham show in July.  Definitely saw more Killers t-shirts on the train than U2 ones though.  I imagine they are very good, and was a little disappointed they were on the same night as U2.

Offline scrittoresabino

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 06:51:35 PM »
First 2Xs I saw them was intense! REALLY great energy live. It's worth it just to experience All These Things That I've Done live. The "I've got soul but Im not a soldier" part is concert perfection. So much wicked good cheese

At one of the Life is Beautiful festivals I went to in Las Vegas (their hometown), Brandon Flowers was a headliner on the main stage. I hung back at the food area, opposite the stage. Was only mildly interested in his solo efforts. I was walking closer, still further back. Brandon's set came to a stop. It didn't feel like a true end. A few of us who were slowly sauntering our way closer, gave each other a look. Something was felt in the air. We knew. Starting running to the stage. Other joined. immediately following Brandon Starting talking about something. Boom "the KILLERS" lights came on and everyone around rushed the stage in a frenzy.

The energy in that moment and through the rest of the set was electric. You felt the sparks in the air. It was truly a great concert moment

Offline Larry Mullen Seniors Son

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 07:22:33 PM »
Well worth it! Seen them twice - Brandon has really perfected his "frontman" skills since the first time I saw them in 2013 at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. Ronnie is one of the more entertaining drummers I've seen live. Saw them again in 2016 at the Grand Opening of the swanky T-Mobile Arena in Vegas and their live act had become a monster! Lights, lazers, fire... you name it!

I don't care how many times you've heard Mr. Brightside, you will lose your mind when it kicks in.
Also looking forward to seeing them take on this new album. The Man, Wonderful Wonderful and Run For Cover all seem destined for a huge arena show. 

Offline miracle_al

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »
I was at a U2 show in Vegas when Brandon Flowers came out and sang "In a Little While".  The place went nuts.  At the same show, Mary J. Blige came out and sang "One" with U2.  And they ended with Bad.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Offline scrittoresabino

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:34:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was at a U2 show in Vegas when Brandon Flowers came out and sang "In a Little While".  The place went nuts.  At the same show, Mary J. Blige came out and sang "One" with U2.  And they ended with Bad.  It doesn't get much better than that.

I experienced that as well. It was one of the best concerts EVER!!! I already had tix to the previous night, which was a great show. Next day I waited along with many people, for the possibility of tickets opening up last minute. After several hours of people in front of me getting tickets.... SCORE! Ended up in nearly the same seats as previous night.

From the very opening everyone knew this concert was different. The energy was beyond hyped. The crowd deafening. It truly was magical. The setlist almost immediately changed, and not just in the usual middle section at the bstage. This, was...Rock n Rock U and I!!! Vertigo tour mostly started with City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Electric Co (or I Will Follow), then slowed the pace with Still Haven't Found & Beautiful Day.  This night they cranked the Rock up to 11. After Elevation came Mysterious Ways then Until the End of the World.

Not only was the start more rock heavy in terms of song choices, but EVERYTHING was played with a ferocity. There were several moments where the rafters were shaking so much it felt like it could collapse. For the Encore we got Zoo Station and The Fly - rarities on that tour. After Streets and a couple other songs, Bono tried to talk, but no one could hear him as the crowd was so rapturous. He tried repeatedly to get everyone to shut up, we just got louder.  As mentioned, Brandon Flowers joined for In A Little While (another not often played song on the tour). U2 also did a nod to the Killers with a snippet of All These Things That I've Done (prob the Killer's most U2 song). That experience was special in sooooooo many ways.

Offline miracle_al

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 10:32:45 AM »
Great post, Scritto!  It's cool that you were at the same show and have such a strong memory of it.  I just remember the energy being unreal, and just when you thought it couldn't get any better, it did.  I have pretty good luck with U2 shows in Vegas.  They typically find another gear (it's either that, or my full-day pre-party might have something to do with it!).