Author Topic: Which Songs from SOI will remain in the Set List  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Allhorizonbomb

• Wanderer
  • Self proclaimed biggest U2 fan in New York State
Re: Which Songs from SOI will remain in the Set List
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 12:24:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As everyone focuses on the SOE songs and which ones would be in the set list, I’d like to talk about something different. Which songs from SOI will remain? I think it will have more staying power then NLOTH, which was brutalized in terms of staying power on set lists. But I also don’t feel that any paticular song will be on a majority of their set lists. I predict that Every  Breaking Wave, Song for Someone, The Miracle of Joey Ramona, and Iris will make occasional appearances. There is only one way where more songs appear. If they treat the tour as part of the same timeline as the Innocence tour, then it would make sense to include more SOI songs. But I think that wouldn’t leave enough room for the copious amount of big hits and crowd pleasers they always play. Thoughts?

Rest In Peace no line. Gone far too soon.

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 10:06:23 PM »
I was thinking about this more last night.  As much as I love 'Iris', for example, I can't see them playing any of the SOI songs that have been echoed/reprised on SOE.  It would be weird to have the "Free yourself" refrain in both 'Iris' and 'Lights of Home'.  Ditto for 'Song for Someone' / '13' and 'Volcano / American Soul'.  Anyone else feel differently?

I wonder about that as well. I would love to hear Cedarwood Road and Iris btw...

Offline pan360

• Babyface
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 03:48:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think 13 and SFS can co-exist in the setlist, just not close to each other. Maybe placed in mirror spots on the setlist, like SFS as last song of the main set and 13 as the ending of the encore.

13/SFS, Volcano / American Soul, Lights of home / Iris they can all coexist in a set list split in two parts, the Innocence part and the Experience part. That would be great. I would also expect Every breaking Wave, RBW and Cedarwood Road from SOI.

Offline Conor74

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 04:26:01 AM »
I think it kind of depends on the 'narrative' of the show. I always looked at I&E as a story being told about the transition from innocence to experience with the key moment (for me at least) being the 'smashing' of the light bulb during UTEOTW. So my guess is that this story will be reversed in the new production - first half will be chock full of SOE songs and maybe we will go back to 'innocence' at the back end of the show - my guess is Joey Ramone and probably '13' to close the show. It's fun to speculate!