Author Topic: U2 @ the BBC - December 19th at 9pm  (Read 7879 times)

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
Re: U2 @ the BBC - December 19th at 9pm
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 07:47:53 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Will there be a way to watch this in the US?  Either live or afterwards?
No idea. I probably can in the Netherlands. I know it for sure this Sunday. Then I can see the TV guide for next Tuesday

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 08:31:29 AM »
Check it out Canadians on Sunday:

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 06:43:34 PM »
I will be watching already put in on recording

Offline Tim Wallach

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »
I watched it and it was fine. Some nice versions. I didn't think Bono's voice was in top form and I thought that version of All I Want is You should absolutely, 100% have been included in the show over some tired standards like Beautiful Day. Also, too many commercials leaving the interviews cut too substantially.

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »
I watched it and it was fine. Some nice versions. I didn't think Bono's voice was in top form and I thought that version of All I Want is You should absolutely, 100% have been included in the show over some tired standards like Beautiful Day. Also, too many commercials leaving the interviews cut too substantially.
No commericals on the BBC on Tuesday.....

Offline JFW

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 12:11:08 PM »
No commericals on the BBC on Tuesday.....
Party!!

Offline pride346

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
An extended  "Special Edition"  (with an extra 15 mins) of U2 at the BBC  will be broadcast on BBC1 on Thursday 28th December 2017  at 23:10 pm ( in Northern Ireland it will be shown on BBC1 NI Friday 29th Dec 2017 at 00:10am ) :)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 12:37:26 PM »

What was the list they played?

Offline Tim Wallach

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 01:45:21 PM »

Opened with Beautiful Day, then Lights of Home, With or Without You, Get Out of Your Own Way, One and Love is Bigger.

Interspersed with about three brief interview segments and a tour of backstage at the JT Tour in Brazil. Of the 60 minutes, easily 14-15 were commercials.

If UK'ers are getting an extended version with no commercials, I want that one. Full orchestra at the BBC and you cut All I Want is  You? Poor choice.

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 05:44:22 PM »

Opened with Beautiful Day, then Lights of Home, With or Without You, Get Out of Your Own Way, One and Love is Bigger.

Interspersed with about three brief interview segments and a tour of backstage at the JT Tour in Brazil. Of the 60 minutes, easily 14-15 were commercials.

If UK'ers are getting an extended version with no commercials, I want that one. Full orchestra at the BBC and you cut All I Want is  You? Poor choice.

Cool, I've always wanted to hear WOWY with an orchestra.  At this point I think it's safe to say, as has been mentioned elsewhere 563,789 times, the band is on a mission to make people think they only ever wrote 7 songs: WOWY, One, Streets, Vertigo, SBS, Still Haven't, and BD.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 01:44:46 AM »
Really looking forward to this. I'm not sure what else will be in the 15 minute extended one on 28th. Would fully expect All I Want Is You to be played tonight. Of the newer songs was hoping for Little Things.

Offline JFW

• Numb
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 03:35:07 AM »
Really looking forward to this. I'm not sure what else will be in the 15 minute extended one on 28th. Would fully expect All I Want Is You to be played tonight. Of the newer songs was hoping for Little Things.
13 is also played. They could add that to the broadcast. I just should have had attended that show for real

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 08:47:38 AM »
Its true, U2 rarely if ever play interesting songs live on TV anymore. Have they done some research saying that non fans love Beautiful Day that much. Funny my falling in love with U2 moment was when they performed at the Brits in 2001. They played Beautiful Day then too! But it was Until The End Of The World which grabbed me.

Offline afg

• Wanderer
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 09:08:07 AM »
Its true, U2 rarely if ever play interesting songs live on TV anymore. Have they done some research saying that non fans love Beautiful Day that much. Funny my falling in love with U2 moment was when they performed at the Brits in 2001. They played Beautiful Day then too! But it was Until The End Of The World which grabbed me.

or this!!  I'll never forget seeing this live on TV!  Goosebumps.

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 11:53:03 AM »
Or this (EBW)