Author Topic: U2 @ the BBC - December 19th at 9pm  (Read 9921 times)

Offline adams76

• Babyface
Re: U2 @ the BBC - December 19th at 9pm
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2017, 03:31:38 PM »
Beautiful Day: Not bad, kind of boring.
WOWY: awesome. period
Lights of Home: Best song on SOE in my opinion. Was looking forward to this the most and did not disappoint.
One: Pretty good. Megaphone unnecessary.
Love Is Bigger: Didn't like it on the album and definitely don't like it live. I don't get it.
All I want is You: Perfect

Sidenote: Nice to see Edge without the headset mic. I get it that it's a convenience thing but it's so lame.
happy holidays.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2017, 10:57:05 AM »
Don't shut the forum down

THE SHOW WAS GREAT and worth doing something similar again (please pick a different interviewer though).

Offline lightmyway92

• Wanderer
  • On Borderland We Run
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2017, 11:22:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Time to shut these forums down again. People are just miserable. Who cares about ratings... and how Bonos voice is not the same as 1987 etc etc. I mean can you just enjoy the performance for what it is.

Everyone picking out the negatives all over again.
LOL, that's probably never going to stop, no matter what.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2017, 01:39:58 PM »
Beautiful Day: Not bad, kind of boring.
WOWY: awesome. period
Lights of Home: Best song on SOE in my opinion. Was looking forward to this the most and did not disappoint.
One: Pretty good. Megaphone unnecessary.
Love Is Bigger: Didn't like it on the album and definitely don't like it live. I don't get it.
All I want is You: Perfect

Sidenote: Nice to see Edge without the headset mic. I get it that it's a convenience thing but it's so lame.
happy holidays.

I'm over it. My time spent with Chris Gaines changed me.

Offline Steve440

• Babyface
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2017, 04:28:15 AM »
Time to shut these forums down again. People are just miserable. Who cares about ratings... and how Bonos voice is not the same as 1987 etc etc. I mean can you just enjoy the performance for what it is.

Everyone picking out the negatives all over again.
LOL, that's probably never going to stop, no matter what.

Surely that is the whole point of a forum, to allow people to express their own views and not necessarily toe the line.

Offline darrenmccaul

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2017, 04:50:16 AM »
Absolutely loved this show. U2 doing what only U2 can do. Great passion. Great ability to find so much emotion in their music. All band members sounded brilliant. They really are in a league of their own

Offline lightmyway92

• Wanderer
  • On Borderland We Run
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
Absolutely loved this show. U2 doing what only U2 can do. Great passion. Great ability to find so much emotion in their music. All band members sounded brilliant. They really are in a league of their own
They seem re-energized and re-invigorated now.  It's been a while since I've seem them like this, probably the last time was during the All that You Can't Leave Behind period, which carried over into the Atomic Bomb/Vertigo period.  I'm glad to see that they still have it in them since they're getting older and inspiration isn't coming as easily or quickly as it once did, which is a natural thing, sadly.

olimar

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2017, 10:33:21 AM »
On the viewing figures thing, I read elsewhere that Harry Styles did a similar "at the BBC" and got the same audience figures, beaten by Bargain Hunt apparently....

Offline durk

• Wanderer
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »
They seem re-energized and re-invigorated now.  It's been a while since I've seem them like this, probably the last time was during the All that You Can't Leave Behind period, which carried over into the Atomic Bomb/Vertigo period.  I'm glad to see that they still have it in them since they're getting older and inspiration isn't coming as easily or quickly as it once did, which is a natural thing, sadly.
i thought same on re-energized. Larry seems very happy too- which is key indicator. they are having fun again. rediscovery.

Offline lightmyway92

• Wanderer
  • On Borderland We Run
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2017, 01:37:22 PM »
i thought same on re-energized. Larry seems very happy too- which is key indicator. they are having fun again. rediscovery.
That makes me think that the upcoming tour is going to be great one!

Offline durk

• Wanderer
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »
That makes me think that the upcoming tour is going to be great one!
good cause i just spent a major wad of cash on tickets for a Christmas present for my wife.
Sweet baby Jesus!
i also had to sign over my first born.
just half the cost for a trip to Ireland itself.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2017, 10:58:20 AM »
28'' inch waist, skinny git

Ha. I guess I haven't fit inside 28" since my early teens! Yet again, I have a few inches on Larry too, so different proportions anyway.

i'd agree with the old warhorses being brought out for the umpteenth time. I'm pretty sure all of them must get tired of belting out BD, etc one for the 2012402194th time but because they are too scared of alienating the mainstream audience with the deep cuts from their rich catalogue. For those new u2, there is so so so so so so much more to them than the staples of one, bd, wowy, siamycgoo,,if only the yet to be converted would dig deeper, they would find a rich tapestry of great great songs.

Literally every message board for bands with 10+ albums says the same thing. They probably wouldn't play them unless they enjoyed performing them and the songs connect with people.

It could be a Prince or Soundgarden situation nowadays, you know...

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2017, 09:43:14 AM »
Three more videos:

Offline PowerSurge

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Hello Hello
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2018, 11:46:16 AM »
I think I'm finally at the age in life where I simply don't give a flying f#$% what other people think about anything at all anymore.

I just don't have the energy anymore to give a $#!t.

If I like it then that's all I care about...whether it is the SOE album, The new Star Wars film, this BBC performance...I loved them all and I keep re-listening/re-watching them over and over again with a smile on my face. If you don't like it or even if you love it...doesn't matter...cuz meeza don'ta care.

Offline Panama Jack

• Wanderer
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2018, 01:13:10 PM »
Is there a way for me to watch the 75 minute of this if I'm in the U.S.?  BBC.com says that its player only works in the U.K.