Author Topic: Scalping  (Read 198 times)

Offline McSwilly

• Wanderer
Scalping
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:15:14 AM »
One more thought as f/u to the great pieces already on @U2.

On the Innocence tour the floor seats were all credit card only entry. This is a much better way than verified fan because the tickets were non-transferable. There were ZERO floor GAs on stub hub on the whole tour. For the experience tour re-sellers are flooded with GA and other seats.

Not sure why others (Hamilton play, etc.) don't use credit card only entry. In San Jose and Boston there were no delays.

Lastly, the fact that I could "resell" my tickets on TM for the May experience show speaks poorly for the band for allowing this (it is not always allowed) and is yet another reason that Ticketmaster is one of the biggest scalpers out there.

that said...can't wait for the shows!

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Scalping
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:55:48 AM »
From memory, I'm pretty sure there were still plenty of GA's on the reseller's sites for I+E, unfortunately. The scalpers got around the CC entry last time by purchasing the GA tickets with pre-paid CC. Sending the pre-paid CC, along with the tix, to whoever purchases them. Photo ID is never checked, as it's too time consuming.

Other than the fact that scalpers got around the CC entry, it also made it very difficult for fans to trade tickets with other fans, & some people's tickets just went to waste, when they were unable to attend a show or sell their tickets.

Ticketmaster is in on the scalping act, with their reseller site. If they were serious last time they would have stopped the use of pre-purchase CC's (which their policies said were not allowed). Plus they could easily ban the resale of tickets above face value, though that doesn't appear to be in their interests.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:58:13 AM by d.darroch »