Author Topic: Lumineers  (Read 43 times)

Offline miracle_al

• Babyface
Lumineers
« on: December 06, 2017, 02:56:46 PM »
I have been on a Lumineers kick ever since seeing them open (thrice) for U2 on TJT '17.  Anybody else get hooked on them, too?  One of my colleagues who lives in Denver told me that he saw them play at a vineyard a few years ago.  Lucky guy. 

Offline Larry Mullen Seniors Son

• Babyface
Re: Lumineers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »
I've made a big turnaround with the Lumineers this year. "Ho Hey" was overplayed to death back in '12/'13 and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the mention of them. But hearing "Angela", "Ophelia" and "Cleopatra" in the right dosage made me excited to see them open for U2 in Boston this year. I thought it was an exhilarating set to be entirely acoustic. I saw nothing but pure joy on all of their faces, made me respect them.
I bought both of their albums quite unnecessarily when I got home from the show. Would love to see a headline show of theirs.   

Offline miracle_al

• Babyface
Re: Lumineers
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 05:35:10 PM »
I totally agree.  There is a wonderful purity to their sound.  My personal favourite song is "Gale Song."  Even my wife instructs our Amazon Echo to "play music by The Lumineers."  It feels great to discover a newer band and to get excited about them.