Author Topic: Bono In Paradise Papers  (Read 455 times)

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
Bono In Paradise Papers
« on: December 08, 2017, 11:55:39 AM »
Haven't seen this posted yet:

"The mall revelations contained in the Paradise papers are deeply embarrassing for Bono.

Especially as his own anti-poverty lobby group, One, even launched a blistering public attack on secretive foreign tax havens that allow very rich people to squirrel away their wealth.

Bono has said he is 'extremely distressed' after the leaked Paradise Papers revealed how he used a Malta-based firm to buy a shopping centre in Lithuania.

The millionaire U2 singer said he had been 'assured by those running the company that it is fully tax compliant'.

The Ausra mall in Lithuania was bought for 5.1 million ten years ago through Maltese firm Nude Estates, of which Irish rock star Bono was a director.

Bono - whose real name is Paul David Hewson - was 'extremely distressed if even as a passive minority investor... anything less than exemplary was done with my name anywhere near it', he said in a statement.

He added: 'The fact is, I welcome this reporting', calling for public registries in offshore tax centres.

But it appears he has been doing the same - although he claims he was unaware of it.

Paradise Paper documents show the shopping centre was bought and then later transferred to a company in low-tax Guernsey, Nude Estates 1."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login