Author Topic: Your E + I setlist  (Read 2842 times)

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
Re: Your E + I setlist
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
Impossible to guess the set list in full so just going to make some general points on how I think they'll approach.
Blackout to open, has to be. But failing that lights of home.
start off with experience theme with bells and whistles production in place on screen etc... Think zootv as a bit of a template. Likely open with 4 or 5 experience songs as they seem confident/happy with it. in terms of flow and feel maybe something like:

Blackout = zoo station
Lights of home = fly
ytbtam = EBTTRT
GOOYOW = mysterious ways
Summer of love = one

Then into 90's classics. The fly very likely.
JT will barely feature. Streets & wowoy as the possible exceptions and will feature in the transition period to innocence along with your pride etcetera.
The innocence section will contain a couple of boy-war era tunes and vertigo era which references their early days, plus maybe one innocence song.

This would fit thematically, but they like to save a big hit in the encores so not sure what that would be. Probably something that will contradict the theme by throwing in one at the end or beautiful day..

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 09:16:44 AM »
On I&E they played songs from Boy and October (highlights of the show) they then said they didn't want to do that again for JT so went for War and UF so by that logic expect AB, Zooropa and Pop to be next maybe even Rattle and Hum( JT is a given).

Offline OptimaX

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • ZOOPOP
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On I&E they played songs from Boy and October (highlights of the show) they then said they didn't want to do that again for JT so went for War and UF so by that logic expect AB, Zooropa and Pop to be next maybe even Rattle and Hum( JT is a given).

I think you're on to something here. After the massive Joshua Tree tour 2017, where a lot 'mainstream' songs were played, and even quite a few also in IE Tour, I think they'll be slightly more adventurous with EI. So I do believe we (finally) might see some 90s rarities return.

Offline pan360

• Babyface
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 06:51:54 AM »
Songs of Innocence + Songs of Experience = 29 songs.

So, I would be happy to hear 15 songs from SOI + SOE and nine older songs in a 24 songs setlist.

My wish list for the nine older songs:
- Kite
- Please
- The Fly
- Stuck in a moment
- No Line
- All I want is you
- Staring at the sun
- Bad
- Zooropa