Author Topic: Bono's voice on SOE  (Read 687 times)

Offline bren4tha

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Bono's voice on SOE
« on: December 15, 2017, 01:23:44 AM »
This is Bono's turn to really shine. Instead of the usual, complacent, slightly off key, dry, and quiet talk singing he has been using post ATYCLB His vocals on SOE are wide open and on key. I know that they re-recorded, changed, and touched up this album during the JT 2017 tour. Coincidentally Bono had to sing much deeper, more powerfully and operatic to fit these songs live. I notice that he carried this vocal style over to SOE. Just compare vocals from  SOI to SOE. His vocals are now much more atmospheric and enchanting. The producers added echo to Bono's vocals on many parts of the songs. He is singing perfectly on key and producing vocals and notes with ease that he could of never even attempted sine the mid 90's. When I listen to this album I can picture the late 80's to early 90's Bono singing these songs back then. I really believe that Bono rediscovered his older classic voice on the 2017 JT tour. I can't  stop listening to this album. The songs and melodies are so beautiful and captivating. The band really did an amazing job from top to bottom  on SOE.

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
Re: Bono's voice on SOE
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:43:27 AM »
Yeah, on 13 (there is a light) he's whispering the sweet Melody right in our ear(phones). Love his vocals on Landlady too.

I'm still haven't heard the full album.

Offline kevtn43

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 07:54:54 AM »
I totally agree Bono's vocals on this album is amazing i love it, it makes me wonder if the JT tour had a lot to do with it meaning his vocals were in ship shake and even made him energized

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »
The Book of Your Heart is some of the richest vocals I've heard since AB if not TJT.  Was it re-recorded during The Joshua Tree 2017 tour?