Author Topic: Stubhub?  (Read 946 times)

Offline EducateMyMind

• Wanderer
Stubhub?
« on: December 19, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »
Like a lot of people, this is the first time I haven’t been able to get the tickets I wanted. I live in Las Vegas and was shut out of getting GA for night 2. I really hate the idea of using sites like stubhub, but I don’t know what else to do. Does anyone have experience with it? GAs are going for $300-400 right now. Do prices usually come down as it gets closer to the show? I’m torn between paying a high price but securing tickets now or waiting and hoping for something cheaper but maybe not. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
Re: Stubhub?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:55:16 AM »
I have used stubhub for many years and never had a problem. With the verified fan program you could want to be careful and yes the tickets will drop before the show. You might want to just wait for a ticket drop before the show.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 05:59:39 PM »
Can't believe we're deep in General Sales period now, and they're still doing this verified fan hoopla! They should just let folks buy normally from tm now.

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:35:36 AM »
There will be drops the shows are still 5 months + out @ mo 2015 was the same for there 3Arena shows tixs were going for insane €€€€€£££££$$$$$ on 2nd sites but there was GA drops on each of the show day same as Cpark on the JT TM dropped tixs the Friday night before & Sat morn

Failing all that 2nd sites on show day ull get FV or below done this many many times

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 06:05:39 AM »
I think they will announce Europe on January 5 and some Toronto dates as well.

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 03:39:28 AM »
Any idea why Jan 6th mate...????

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 05:46:45 AM »
Nope, just past tradition.

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »
When using stubhub, make sure to filter and show fees - they are high, so don't wait until check out to see the cost is $100 more than you thought for a pair of tix.

Offline EducateMyMind

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 05:30:53 PM »
So my husband surprised me at Christmas with tickets that he got off stubhub. It says the tickets are guaranteed to be delivered by the day before the show. This is causing me some anxiety. Why would the tickets not be available now? Does this mean some scalper sold tickets before he/she actually had them knowing they would be able to secure tickets before the show? I'm worried that the day before the show I'll get an email saying the tickets aren't available. This is my first time dealing with stubhub. Is waiting so long for tickets a normal thing?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:36:58 PM by EducateMyMind »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 05:35:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So my husband surprised me with tickets at Christmas that he got off stubhub. It says the tickets are guaranteed to be delivered by the day before the show. This is causing me some anxiety. Why would the tickets not be available now? Does this mean some scalper sold tickets before he/she actually had them knowing they would be able to secure tickets before the show? I'm worried that the day before the show I'll get an email saying the tickets aren't available. This is my first time dealing with stubhub. Is waiting so long for tickets a normal thing?

I think you should be receiving assured. StubHub has a good policy for issues and usually has people on site.