Acceptable or not?

Don't care
Oh ****, i_f came back?!   >:(
I don't believe in giving people gifts anyway, so not a relevant question

Author Topic: Regifting  (Read 154 times)

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • welp, looks like I'm not making it to 10k posts
« on: December 21, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
Been party to a fair number of discussions and arguments about this practice over the last few days, so why not find out what you fine people think?

Personally, once I hand a gift to someone, it's their problem from that point on. If they wanna give it to someone else right in front of me, I couldn't care less. Indeed, I'd look at that as me helping said friend out in a moment of need.

You can change your vote if needed. The world awaits your answers.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
Re: Regifting
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 09:21:34 AM »
Re gifting is just the descent into the practical without the thought or intention of a gift. You might as well not even gift them something.

Offline Luzita

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »
Id say if you get something you dont want but you know someone it would be perfect for, then its ok. But if its just for your own convenience then not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
I've gotten some gifts like that in the past and I cool with it. For example a giant doll house from an acquaintance who lived in a very small place and didn't have the room for it. She wasn't going to get anything big for my kids that Christmas, but happened to be given the doll house and passed it on to me. You could say in that case it was practicality over thought, but my kids were thrilled with it so why not.