Author Topic: Europe ?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
Re: Europe ?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Adam mentioned Manchester in the Chris Evans interview on BBC Radio 2 at the end of last year. Following the dreadful terrorist attack last year I don't think it's surprising that they'd want to play at the arena there and show their support.

As far as I'm aware there aren't too many arenas in the UK that could handle e&i in terms of the staging and production - it is probably only the O2 and the Manchester Arena that could stage it. The rest of them are relatively small compared to the US and the newest one (Leeds) is a totally different layout (and wouldn't fit the e&i show) as it was designed as a concert venue over a multi-sports venue which the majority of the other arenas in the UK are.

My guess is that as London had 6 x i&e shows plus 2 x JT shows that they will skip the capital and play 2 nights in Manchester only in Britain - I'd imagine Glasgow will get a show. I guess as they are not billing it as '2 shows' as they did i&e then they won't be forced into playing 2 nights per city and will only play multiple shows in cities which sell well which means they could play in smaller cities, not just the key EU capitals as they did on e&i and JT as they needed those to sell out. Playing some cities 'off the beaten track' (for U2 anyway) might be a smart move as places like London and Paris have been saturated somewhat whereas a Manchester hasn't been visited for many years and you'll likely get a strong local following. I suppose the problem for them (U2) is the logistics of the whole thing - it makes an awful lot of sense in monetary terms to play multiple shows in one venue than to visit a couple of cities per country with one show each. I imagine also that the economics only make sense in terms of multiple shows per venue. 

U2 is still a draw in the UK - they sold out 6 nights at the O2 and 2 dates at Twickenham so they are still a big draw. They'll sell out in Manchester I'm sure as it's been a long time since they played northern England (360 Tour at Sheffield).

In terms of why the EU shows haven't been announced, I'm guessing it's because they were trailing the verified fan system for the first leg and they probably knew it was going to be a huge gamble / headache and they needed time to rethink the process with TM and LN.

The Hydro in Glasgow 13,000 cap was 1 the smallest Arenas for 2015 if anyone wants too go too a new Arena then this is the 1 its a fab venue much better than 02 etc

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 02:32:50 AM »

Dont know how legit this site is but it says

The voice turns from before Christmas - the U2 are about to announce their return to Italy, following their recent "Songs of experience". But now we are almost there: according to several sources (and as reported by the reliable Italian fan-site U2place) the official announcement is expected to arrive next Tuesday, January 16th.
As for Italy, 4 dates should be announced at the Assago Forum in October.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:45:00 AM by Gavin82 »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 06:31:25 AM »
Parisian rumour:

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 12:56:21 PM »
That link dont open for me whats it saying????

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 02:12:18 PM »
Rumors September 8,9 at Accer Hotels

Offline dougie

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 02:13:03 PM »
The site is selling tix to 9/9/18 for Paris. A ticket reseller for $. Anticipatory of tix they will scalp.

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 03:47:54 PM »
Cheers...!!! AccorHotel Arena is a great venue & thr metro is literally built by the side of it worth a visit for anyone whos not been. Looks like the dates are going too run near enough as 2015 did

Lets hope NOT for this verified fan thing what a load of crap that is...!!!!!!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 10:51:22 PM »
Saw some chat online that pre-sales for Europe will start this week (U2Songs reporting)

Offline beppetorino

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 07:28:15 AM »
It's time.
We're gonna know everything by tuesday.
Let's hope the system won't prove to be scalpers friendly as for Us leg...

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 02:59:11 PM »
So...i take it we'll get the entire run though of things monday/tuesday? My subscription is until 2019 so im safe on that front, just don't want the verified fan bull that the poor US fans have had to put up with, hope it's a bit more simple!

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 07:15:50 AM »
¿Preparados para comprar las entradas para la nueva manga de la gira de U2 en 2018? U2 Innocence + Experience Tour va a volver a España y Europa después del verano según todo los rumores (Septiembre), y parece, según se comenta en Twitter que esta misma semana se va a iniciar la preventa de entradas para los suscriptores de u2.com.

Los primeros movimientos ya se están notando en los perfiles de las cuentas de u2.com. Ya tenemos el grupo de acceso a la preventa (por orden de antigüedad). Esto quiere decir que en Europa no vamos a tener que pasar por el calvario de ser fan verificado de U2.

Are you ready to buy tickets for the new manga of the U2 tour in 2018? U2 Innocence + Experience Tour is going to return to Spain and Europe after the summer according to all the rumors (September), and it seems, as commented on Twitter that this week is going to start the pre-sale of tickets for subscribers of u2.com .

The first movements are already being noticed in the profiles of the accounts of u2.com. We already have the pre-sale access group (in order of seniority). This means that in Europe we will not have to go through the ordeal of being a verified fan of U2.

Remember that as a member of u2.com you will have access to the pre-sale of tickets, but you will also have the opportunity to access this pre-sale if you purchased the new album of the band Songs of Experience on frist.ca ... This pre-sale will be subsequent to the sale of tickets for subscribers of u2.com and will only allow you to access two tickets. They will notify by e-mail of all the data.

What can we expect from this pre-sale of tickets and the sale of tickets for the general public? It will be a bitter struggle if we stick to what has been lived in the United States. The cheapest track tickets will disappear in a short time, and they will only leave us the most expensive .... which are very expensive ...

Dates in Spain? Clear. It seems that at the beginning two days in Madrid in the Wizink Center, with the possibility of subsequently adding another 2 dates .... we will see. We will inform you of all these next days.

Spain saying its tomorrow BUT the BEST part is the last part NO VERIFIED FANS nonsense for us in EUROPE....!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:18:29 AM by Gavin82 »

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 12:24:27 PM »
Live Nation UK website has a mysterious Test1 up for 16th January at the O2.  It's "New" and you can click on it but it doesn't give much else away...I think the O2 is going to be one of the venues for the European leg.

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 01:02:15 PM »
02 & Hydro in Glasgow same as 2015 my guess Hyrdro is a great grest Arena muct better than 02 its nearly half the size defo worth a visit

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 03:11:38 PM »
Unfortunately hydro in Glasgow is unlikely if they tour UK in October as is rumoured. Kevin Bridges has it booked virtually everyday in October.
Shame as 2nd night in Glasgow in 2015 was arguably their greatest performance of the entire tour. Special special night.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:13:57 PM by indiansummer »

Offline samko

• Stateless
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 04:11:42 PM »
Unfortunately hydro in Glasgow is unlikely if they tour UK in October as is rumoured. Kevin Bridges has it booked virtually everyday in October.
Shame as 2nd night in Glasgow in 2015 was arguably their greatest performance of the entire tour. Special special night.

There is actually a gap in Kevin’s schedule if you look closely.
It’s available 8th - 10th October so I would expect 2 shows then.