Author Topic: Europe ?  (Read 3527 times)

Offline jono2u

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "i was born to sing for you"
Re: Europe ?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2018, 06:23:28 AM »
Two tours on the spin with no Scottish show - to say im dissapointed is an understatement.

Offline Achtung Rory

• Wanderer
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 06:26:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Two tours on the spin with no Scottish show - to say im dissapointed is an understatement.

Agreed ,don't post on here much (mostly lurk) but that's a real disappointment/shame.

Get Billy Sloan (Scottish Music Journo and long time friend of the band) on the case - he's got them to add a Glasgow show before !!

Offline paganini12345

• Babyface
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 06:44:58 AM »
I'm also a but disappointed but can understand they can't play everywhere.
I'm also annoyed that I can't get 4 tickets. I wanted to take my wife and kids but might not be able to now.
I will need to try and get 2 GA tickets with my membership and then another 2 GA with the voucher code for buying the album.

Tam

Offline andysloth

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 03:34:15 AM »
Has anyone received the code for buying the album, or is it expected tomorrow morning?

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 03:59:01 AM »
I'm also a but disappointed but can understand they can't play everywhere.
I'm also annoyed that I can't get 4 tickets. I wanted to take my wife and kids but might not be able to now.
I will need to try and get 2 GA tickets with my membership and then another 2 GA with the voucher code for buying the album.

Tam

Which venue and how old are your kids?  The reason I ask is the for the O2 kids have to be 16 years old to go in GA, for Manchester it is 14 years old.  I know that during I&E many people took children under 16 into GA at the O2 as security were way too busy to check any form of ID. 

My 12 year old daughter looks 16 but I have decided not to take the risk.  My wife is not keen on GA either.  For I&E I was extremely lucky to get 2 x seats in the experience presale and then another single 5 seats away in the public sale.  Some very kind fans then swapped seats at the venue so we could sit together.  This time around I haven’t even bothered to try my luck again as they have only released tickets for a Tues night when my daughter is at school (3.5hr drive to the O2).

Will see what other dates are announced and might just end up going with a friend and leaving my wife and daughter at home.  The 2 ticket limit is unfair, especially for seats.  At least with GA you can get 4 tickets via 2 separate orders and still be next to each inside the venue.  I think U2 should remember that many of their long term fans have families now...

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 04:01:22 AM »
Has anyone received the code for buying the album, or is it expected tomorrow morning?

Yes received mine a few days ago via email.

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 04:03:16 AM »

Agreed ,don't post on here much (mostly lurk) but that's a real disappointment/shame.

Get Billy Sloan (Scottish Music Journo and long time friend of the band) on the case - he's got them to add a Glasgow show before !!

Read on twitter this morning that Billy Sloan made a comment during his show that he believed Scottish dates were being worked on...  no idea if that is true or not.

Offline andysloth

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 04:06:52 AM »
Hi markt, did you order from u2.com? if so, which email address did the code come from, so I can trawl through my email just in case, thanks in advance.

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 04:10:28 AM »
Hi markt, did you order from u2.com? if so, which email address did the code come from, so I can trawl through my email just in case, thanks in advance.

It comes thru as Universal Music

Offline andysloth

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 04:11:59 AM »
Cheers

Offline andysloth

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 04:14:15 AM »
markT, thanks again, found it buried away!!! all the best

Offline kseguin

• Wanderer
  • Montreal, Newark, Dublin
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »
Looks like Dubiln might be in the middle instead of at the end.

I wish they would just announce all of them.  It helps plan if you are making a vacation of it.

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »

[/quote]

Which venue and how old are your kids?  The reason I ask is the for the O2 kids have to be 16 years old to go in GA, for Manchester it is 14 years old.  I know that during I&E many people took children under 16 into GA at the O2 as security were way too busy to check any form of ID. 

My 12 year old daughter looks 16 but I have decided not to take the risk.  My wife is not keen on GA either. 
[/quote]

At Twickenham, I saw one guy hurry what I believe was his son out of the front 15 rows of GA. The lad's face said it all.  I hope they stood further back with more space and that it wasn't too much of an ordeal.  The lad looked around 15 or 16 but hard to tell.  It can be quite frightening for them - at Twickenham the first 15 rows were pretty packed, enough to feel panicky and claustrophobic.  It wasn't a crush though (I've been in one of those when I was 19), but enough.  It's hard to put the correct age limit on, depending on the venue and the type of crowd.  Maybe Manchester isn't so 'pushy'?

Offline paganini12345

• Babyface
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2018, 03:02:00 AM »

My 12 year old daughter looks 16 but I have decided not to take the risk.  My wife is not keen on GA either. 
[/quote]

At Twickenham, I saw one guy hurry what I believe was his son out of the front 15 rows of GA. The lad's face said it all.  I hope they stood further back with more space and that it wasn't too much of an ordeal.  The lad looked around 15 or 16 but hard to tell.  It can be quite frightening for them - at Twickenham the first 15 rows were pretty packed, enough to feel panicky and claustrophobic.  It wasn't a crush though (I've been in one of those when I was 19), but enough.  It's hard to put the correct age limit on, depending on the venue and the type of crowd.  Maybe Manchester isn't so 'pushy'?
[/quote]

This was for Manchester and my kids will be 15 in July.
I would be staying near the back of the crowd where there is more space but it does not matter now since there were no GA tickets available this morning using my album code.
So might have 2 GA tickets to sell for Manc!