Author Topic: Anybody know how Bono almost died?  (Read 9368 times)

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
Re: Anybody know how Bono almost died?
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
Stepped on a Lego piece in bare feet maybe.

Offline wilburn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2018, 05:54:28 AM »
Do you think it could have been cancer?

Offline hollywoodswag

• Stateless
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2018, 06:07:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Stepped on a Lego piece in bare feet maybe.
LOL! That truly IS a near-death experience.  ;D

Online summerholly

• Stateless
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2018, 08:20:07 AM »
Do you think it could have been cancer?

Could have been a cancer scare but obviously he is fine.  Health scares of various descriptions are not uncommon at that age.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Saint Louis, Montreal 1 & 2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2018, 01:31:04 PM »
Many American punk bands of the early 80s considered older rock muscians to be like Dinosaurs.
One even named themselves after the term:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »
Not sure, aren't you the asteroid expert?

Offline DeargDoom

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
Regarding the terrorist attack theory.... Let's not forget Bono grew up in Ireland. No matter how bad things were in France lately, he's been through this before. This is nothing new to him.
He grew up in Dublin. Very few terrorist attacks there.

Offline Eno

• Wanderer
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »
I doubt it had anything to do with his heart. If he had experienced a cardiac arrest or a heart attack no doctor would allow him to go on tour so soon. I know people who had to take a few months off from boring office jobs after suffering a heart attack and this guy goes on tour? I just can't see it given the risks involved. Secondly, it would not be easy to obtain insurance for the tour given these kinds of health issues.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:25:57 PM by Eno »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »
He had a book of his heart. It's on the album silly.

Offline Gazoon

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2018, 08:20:10 AM »
Not sure about how the near death experience occurred, but I really do think Bono has returned to form in his performing. He was in great voice in the recent 'U2 at the BBC'.

I don't think one has to stretch their imagination too far to believe that a near death experience could inspire this return to form.

Who knows though?

Good on him for keeping it private though. It's good to see that there are still celebrities out there that aren't willing to sell every detail of their life story for every last cent they can make.

I'm sure this form will continue into the Experience and Innocence tour, and I can't wait to see it in person.

Check out my music if you have the chance: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kerrica

• Babyface
  • I get so many things I don’t deserve
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2018, 02:34:29 PM »
The Nice terorr attack seems very likely. Instagram puts them in the south of France right around that time.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2018, 04:03:39 PM »
It is well known he was 500 feet away

Offline Chrisss

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2018, 12:00:15 AM »
The incident was not the Nice attack. The Nice attack was in Summer 2016. The incident happend in winter 2016, between Christmas and New Year.
Irish Hotpress Magazine had an article about U2 in the December issue, and the incident was also mentioned there.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Didn't he also say in the Rolling Stone interview that he had pain and felt like suffocating? Everything he revealed since makes it sound like a heart issue, heart attack that leaded to a cardiac arrest. As it has been said before: not very Rock'n'Roll, this might be the reason why he doesn't tell what it was.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:02:42 AM by Chrisss »

Online summerholly

• Stateless
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2018, 01:54:35 AM »
The incident was not the Nice attack. The Nice attack was in Summer 2016. The incident happend in winter 2016, between Christmas and New Year.
Irish Hotpress Magazine had an article about U2 in the December issue, and the incident was also mentioned there.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Didn't he also say in the Rolling Stone interview that he had pain and felt like suffocating? Everything he revealed since makes it sound like a heart issue, heart attack that leaded to a cardiac arrest. As it has been said before: not very Rock'n'Roll, this might be the reason why he doesn't tell what it was.

But how to keep something as major as a cardiac arrest or some other event where you end up in a major hospital in their ICU being resuscitated from ever going public.  Doesn't makes sense to me.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2018, 01:54:55 AM »
I doubt it had anything to do with his heart. If he had experienced a cardiac arrest or a heart attack no doctor would allow him to go on tour so soon. I know people who had to take a few months off from boring office jobs after suffering a heart attack and this guy goes on tour? I just can't see it given the risks involved. Secondly, it would not be easy to obtain insurance for the tour given these kinds of health issues.

Rick Parfitt of Status Quo had a second heart by pass in December 2012. He was touring again a week later.