Author Topic: Anybody know how Bono almost died?  (Read 17014 times)

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
Re: Anybody know how Bono almost died?
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2018, 10:50:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm pretty amazed at some of the responses here.  Not to be that guy, but you all are FANS of the band, right?  Funny way of expressing it.
tough crowd right?

Yeah.  I notice one of the responders has only a single post to their name, so I don't take them as a serious commenter.  Should have noticed that before I fed the conversation.

Yeah - DepthTested sounds like a troll.  Time to ban them after one post, mods...?

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2018, 11:17:38 AM »
Also I think we will know what the story is soon, he can’t possibly be reliving it night after night without eventually spilling the beans.

I mean why come to a fan site and troll? Why waste your time. Fine line between love and hate, come on over to the fan side dude.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2018, 11:47:34 AM »
The only thing I will say: I remarked last year at how low-energy the band, especially Bono, seemed during most of the JT show.  I'm wondering if his health scare had a direct impact on that tour.

He seems much more energetic this tour, so hopefully it's behind him now.

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2018, 12:31:39 PM »
I've noticed both observations too - he was lower energy (though still plenty intense) last year. This year he is still lower energy than 2016 but higher than 2017.

Of course, it brings to mind how his "low energy" is still "frontman of rock band." Maybe not literally climbing scaffolding like he used to, or casually jumping 10 feet off the stage into the crowd. But still fronting a rock and roll tour.

Whatever happened, he came through it like a champ. And I don't doubt for a minute it was major.

Offline Boba Fett

• Wanderer
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
Perhaps this means nothing, but I've noticed Bono holds the microphone quite differently over the last couple of tours that he used to. He used to 'grip' it quite tightly into the palm of his hand, but these days holds it almost delicately in his fingers.

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2018, 05:17:31 AM »
I've noticed both observations too - he was lower energy (though still plenty intense) last year. This year he is still lower energy than 2016 but higher than 2017.

Of course, it brings to mind how his "low energy" is still "frontman of rock band." Maybe not literally climbing scaffolding like he used to, or casually jumping 10 feet off the stage into the crowd. But still fronting a rock and roll tour.

Whatever happened, he came through it like a champ. And I don't doubt for a minute it was major.

Dont know how old you all are but I am the same age as Bono so probably older than most of you and yeah my energy has lowered more noticeably recently!  About a month ago I had to draft and load a lot of young sheep that jumped like springboks on my own and at the end of a day I was completely stuffed.  Took me a few days to recover.  Once it would have been easy. 

Age gets ya! no matter how fit you are! Fronting a rock band is pretty physical especially if you have had a serious health scare!

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2018, 06:31:43 AM »
I used bad examples from many years ago.

How about the MANIC energy performing Invisible at the Top of the Rock on Fallon?

There is a clear difference (big drop in energy) between I&E era and JT30. And increased energy from JT30 and E&I.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »
The main thing is that he seems more energetic this year. 
He's said as much as he feels in better shape.  Last year, people said that he looked like he'd aged somewhat and I thought he was OK in the main and when I saw him at Twickenham I thought he looked OK.  I'd no idea about the health scare until Edge mentioned it in September time via Rolling Stone. 
He does look in better shape than last year from what footage I've seen.

Not sure if he would open up completely about the issue.  I kind of wish he may a little more.  Not that I was a fan of Peter Stringfellow at all (uugh), but to keep a serious illness secret from the world became something of a minor shock today.
For the record: The most positive thing I can think about Peter Stringfellow is that his 80's mullet definitely topped Bono's effort....

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2018, 11:36:53 AM »
The most positive thing I can think about Peter Stringfellow is that his 80's mullet definitely topped Bono's effort....

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE. I don't know who this guy is but I must Google the mullet.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
The most positive thing I can think about Peter Stringfellow is that his 80's mullet definitely topped Bono's effort....

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE. I don't know who this guy is but I must Google the mullet.

Just Google Peter Stringfellow….he was the British Hugh Hefner (with a massive mullet to boot)

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2018, 12:27:44 PM »
I started to Google but the photos I saw weren't quite the sort I wanted to display on my device in public so I X'd outta there before I saw any mullet.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2018, 02:44:45 AM »
I started to Google but the photos I saw weren't quite the sort I wanted to display on my device in public so I X'd outta there before I saw any mullet.

;D
Google in private then!

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2018, 06:15:35 AM »
Ok, I did it. And I saw mullet. But nothing that compared to the glorious mullet Bono had cultivated in 1983.

Nothing compares 2 that mullet.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2018, 07:04:50 AM »
Ok, I did it. And I saw mullet. But nothing that compared to the glorious mullet Bono had cultivated in 1983.

Nothing compares 2 that mullet.

I don't know - the photo where Stringfellow meets Princess Diana; that's a mullet that beats Bono's.
And Bono's still with us.  That's enough reason for a celebration!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2018, 08:17:51 AM »
Im pretty sure the MRI sequence during Montreal has changed to include new footage. Its different than I remember seeing in other shows. At least the end video screens had different footage.