Author Topic: Anybody know how Bono almost died?  (Read 18947 times)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Re: Anybody know how Bono almost died?
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2018, 09:09:11 AM »
The pictures in Nashville are of a brain scan.  I have them but I am not schooled in posting pictures on Message boards

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2018, 12:17:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Im pretty sure the MRI sequence during Montreal has changed to include new footage. Its different than I remember seeing in other shows. At least the end video screens had different footage.

The footage has changed from Chicago on. The footage didn't include brain scans before Chicago. But now Montreal is also different from Chicago. They still use the brain scans, but the screen was black during the MRI intro, except the brain scans they showed during the MRI beeping noise. Now they have these noise/grain pictures (that look like TV closedown from the past) just before the brain scan images are shown on the screen. I'm curious what they will add to the intro until the tour is heading to Europe.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:36:21 PM by Catlithco »

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2018, 03:26:19 AM »
I think they are throwing people off the scent a bit.
Looks like an MRI was involved in the incident.
But we have now moved from Winter Beats by I Break Horses after people made the connection with the MRI scan (and there was the blog on the @U2 home page) to Wonderful World by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds as the PA intro music. 
The brain images are probably just a generalisation as to MRI scan performance art.  On the tour promo video that Broken Fingaz Crew did (the 'U2 coming through' one), there was a 3D animation of a human heart done in a medical style.  I know that 'love' is one of the sub-themes for this tour and can understand the significance of the heart - but a 3D medical model??
They know that we are all going 'was it his heart or was it his brain?' 
I don't know if they will eventually make it more obvious.  It wouldn't surprise me if they are still trying to keep things under wraps despite dropping a few clues.

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2018, 10:22:17 AM »
But we have now moved from Winter Beats by I Break Horses after people made the connection with the MRI scan (and there was the blog on the @U2 home page) to Wonderful World by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds as the PA intro music. 
The brain images are probably just a generalisation as to MRI scan performance art.  On the tour promo video that Broken Fingaz Crew did (the 'U2 coming through' one), there was a 3D animation of a human heart done in a medical style.  I know that 'love' is one of the sub-themes for this tour and can understand the significance of the heart - but a 3D medical model??
I don't know if they will eventually make it more obvious.  It wouldn't surprise me if they are still trying to keep things under wraps despite dropping a few clues.

The heart animation is taken from the Get Out Of Your Own Way Video.. and it refers to the lyrics I think:
"Your heart's a balloon, but then it bursts", as the heart bursts in the video.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2018, 02:22:20 AM »

The heart animation is taken from the Get Out Of Your Own Way Video.. and it refers to the lyrics I think:
"Your heart's a balloon, but then it bursts", as the heart bursts in the video.

Still it's a 3D model of a heart.  Maybe I'm reading too much into this though?

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2018, 03:15:09 AM »
Still it's a 3D model of a heart.  Maybe I'm reading too much into this though?

I don't know  :)
I'm actually reading more into the brain scan images.

Offline dontwantwhatideserve

• Stateless
  • moaning periodically...
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2018, 07:29:45 AM »
Brain scan, 3D heart, couldn't the medical elements be referencing mortality (in general and not specific to Bono)? Also, a medical take on the head and the heart...two long, frequently referenced concepts for Bono...

Offline siblis

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2018, 05:17:24 AM »
After the all the yrs of following Bono, I have found that he's a great salesman & could sell Snow Blowers to residents in Florida, I am finding this whole MRI thing a bit of Rib. If it is true, he's not going to tell anyone because medical issues are indeed private.

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2018, 06:51:39 PM »
After the all the yrs of following Bono, I have found that he's a great salesman & could sell Snow Blowers to residents in Florida, I am finding this whole MRI thing a bit of Rib. If it is true, he's not going to tell anyone because medical issues are indeed private.

Ha, I like that and agree with you.