Author Topic: Unreleased SOE Tracks or B-sides ??  (Read 1141 times)

Offline U2 Fan of the 90s

• Intellectual Tortoise
Unreleased SOE Tracks or B-sides ??
« on: January 06, 2018, 11:09:51 AM »
Given the protracted recording process, snippets we've heard from their Instagram accounts and The Edge's fender guitar commercial I'd bet there are a few finished tracks or alternative versions out there we haven't heard yet...  Anyone know of any? and do you think there will be a release of additional B-sides down the road?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
Re: Unreleased SOE Tracks or B-sides ??
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »
I think the b side as we know it is Dead. Check u2songs.com for all of your needs.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 06:20:06 AM »
I always hope there will be at least 1 more Medium Rare and Unmastered type release. And maybe after they do hang up the boots, some of the millions of songs they have tucked away come out in some shape or form.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 07:16:07 AM »
Yup, a m, r & r type release is due. Let's hope for this year.

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 02:35:28 PM »
Adam said in his BBC Radio 2 interview with Chris Evans that there was quite a bit of material left over from the SOE sessions.  When asked about the next album (given that SOE had just come out) he replied that there is likely to be another album & when pressed on if it would make use of any of the leftovers from SOE, Adam answered that it's likely that the band will be starting from a clean slate.

So hopefully a fan only release of leftovers/outtakes from SOE (and SOI?) would be very welcome!