Author Topic: The Showman  (Read 147 times)

Offline Bundang Dave

• Running to Stand Still
  • It's not what I want; it's what I need.
The Showman
« on: January 08, 2018, 09:51:11 AM »
Lyrically, this track reminds of the Desire, Hold Me Thrill Me, Holy Joe, Mofo, Discotheque, etc. . . something Macphisto would perform.

But musically, I find it so dull. I hope they really liven it up if they perform it on tour.

Offline Hwy 190

• Wanderer
Re: The Showman
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:53:37 PM »
I hope they play it live ...so I can grab a beer at the concession stand and not miss much.

In all seriousness I love this album, but can't understand why this song made the final cut.  I've tried and tried, given it plenty of water (multiple listens), but it just won't grow on me.  It's not cohesive with the rest of the album.  Why isn't Book of Your Heart nestled in its place?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
Re: The Showman
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:58:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Lyrically, this track reminds of the Desire, Hold Me Thrill Me, Holy Joe, Mofo, Discotheque, etc. . . something Macphisto would perform.

But musically, I find it so dull. I hope they really liven it up if they perform it on tour.

I think its something about the recording that is off. I listened to it the other an thought it would be great to hear that being played in a basement right beside the band. But the recording sounds like it didn't capture the track. Lights of Home also has some moments where there is too much space.