Author Topic: Nosebleeds behind the stage, what should I expect?  (Read 768 times)

Offline WacoOne

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Nosebleeds behind the stage, what should I expect?
« on: January 11, 2018, 08:48:25 AM »
Hi, all.

I'm thinking about buying a couple of nosebleeds behind the stage for the Tulsa show.

Based on the diagram, it looks like we won't see much. Any ideas on the kind of experience this would be?

I've been on the floor for three shows in the past, against the rail in front of Edge during the Vertigo tour. So I know what it's like to have a transcendental U2 experience, and I know this won't be that. :-)

Thanks, everyone.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: Nosebleeds behind the stage, what should I expect?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:19:22 PM »
Ive done similar seats - it becomes all about the music in that situation (or did for me)

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WacoOne

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »
Very helpful!

Offline podiumboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 04:49:12 PM »
The only times I've ever done rear stage concerts have been in the lower level.  I did an Elevation show at Edge's 4:00 position if he's standing at his pedalboard, and another time 360 at Adam's 8:00 position if he's standing at his pedalboard.  I didn't feel the slightest bit ripped off by either of these shows.  I was also once directly behind the stage for Springsteen and the Rolling Stones, and felt satisfied by my experience.  But I've never done rear stage, upper level. 

Eh, at the very least, it'll be a cheap, entertaining night out!! 

Offline U2craig

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 06:00:41 AM »
For the Innocence show in San Jose we sat directly 180 behind the stage.  However we were just 5 row up which really put us close to the action.  All in all it was great especially when Adam and The Edge came back to play to us for a bit.  I did walk to the upper deck before the show and it definitely was a world of difference but then it would be all about the music but I still think absolutely worth going as the energy and atmosphere were overwhelming.  Do the best that you can with what you can afford and it will be a night to remember for sure!

Offline WacoOne

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »
Thanks, everyone. I went ahead and bought the tickets.

I can't count on the band adding any more North American dates during this tour, and Tulsa is likely the closest they'll get to me (I live in Texas).

I've had three excellent experiences on the floor (Vertigo Tour, 360 Tour, and Joshua Tree 2017 Tour), so it's time for me to simply enjoy the music from the bleeds. I did that exact thing at the Houston Astrodome back in the Popmart tour.

I figure, who knows how many more tours there will be. So I need to see 'em while I can. ;-)

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 10:44:00 AM »
Do your tickets say "restricted view"on them, or something to that effect? I do know that in 2015 some people went to customer service when they arrived at the show, said that their tickets made no mention of restricted views, & were upgraded to very good seats (which are held for just such matters). Probably a long shot, as this should be all sorted by this tour, but may be worth a try if your tickets make no mention of restricted views.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:45:42 AM by d.darroch »