Author Topic: Europe dates confirmed  (Read 8025 times)

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Europe dates confirmed
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2018, 01:21:45 PM »
u2.com presale codes have been posted!!!

Offline dezmaas

• Stateless
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
u2.com presale codes have been posted!!!

Yep I see mine.

Offline larrylove

• Stateless
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »
Just got my pre sale code too :)

olimar

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2018, 01:48:44 PM »
Another rant too- why on earth are the prices not clearly advertised? It seems totally wrong to get people lined up with priority codes, logged in during a specific sales window, only to find that the tickets are more than they expected and they have to make a quick decision. My guess is that, more often than not, people spend the extra regardless because they have to make the decision there and then.

Offline dezmaas

• Stateless
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2018, 02:06:04 PM »
Another rant too- why on earth are the prices not clearly advertised? It seems totally wrong to get people lined up with priority codes, logged in during a specific sales window, only to find that the tickets are more than they expected and they have to make a quick decision. My guess is that, more often than not, people spend the extra regardless because they have to make the decision there and then.

Price ranges are currently shown on the Ticketmaster site.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2018, 02:20:40 PM »
For the UK shows at least I see no mention of the subscriber presales on AXS or Ticketmaster. Presumably they'll update it later?

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2018, 02:29:13 PM »
pretty sure in 2015 on the date of first presale i went to u2.com, then clicked where it says 'tickets' next to the date i wanted and it redirected me to TM to use my code. wonder if it's the same tmo or go straight to TM?

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »
pretty sure in 2015 on the date of first presale i went to u2.com, then clicked where it says 'tickets' next to the date i wanted and it redirected me to TM to use my code. wonder if it's the same tmo or go straight to TM?
I can't really remember last time, but I brought them on TM and I remember that there was a countdown for the first presale, but now the countdown is for Monday's presale.

Offline dezmaas

• Stateless
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »

There will be a link on the Tours page at U2.com when the presale goes live. Enter through that link.

olimar

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2018, 02:45:29 PM »

Price ranges are currently shown on the Ticketmaster site.

Why be so vague about it? A price range gives the top price and the bottom price- there are only going to be something like 5 categories of price, why not just give the proper information? After all, the cheap seats will be very very few and the top price will be the tickets still on sale in two weeks time, because they are outside of most peoples means. Which leave only 3 categories that most people will be looking to buy and the only thing we know is that they will be less than 271 and more than 36....
I can take a guess based on the previous i and e tour, but, again, it feels like people who have waited patiently in the queue and think they may not get a chance to get tickets, suddenly find they are through and have to make a snap decision with options disappearing quick, perhaps spending more than they might rationally have considered paying if they had been aware of the price the day/week before.

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2018, 02:46:01 PM »

There will be a link on the Tours page at U2.com when the presale goes live. Enter through that link.

Thought so, thanks. I know all this stuff i just like it confirmed because after certain ticket fiascos i worry! :D

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »
I dont know why they announce the dates and then feel the need to put them on sale within days. Particularly when they dont have some dates confirmed anyway.
Why not just say they will go on sale in a month or something, so that people actually have time to discuss options with friends etc, do some planning. It just seems such an unnecessary rush.
Also, I cant understand why there isnt any fan verification, or why they havent explained whether there is or there isnt. I registered for verified fan for the US dates, purely to see how the process worked ahead of the European dates. And now... nothing.

All explained on U2.com FAQ. No VF for Europe.

olimar

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2018, 03:22:43 PM »
I dont know why they announce the dates and then feel the need to put them on sale within days. Particularly when they dont have some dates confirmed anyway.
Why not just say they will go on sale in a month or something, so that people actually have time to discuss options with friends etc, do some planning. It just seems such an unnecessary rush.
Also, I cant understand why there isnt any fan verification, or why they havent explained whether there is or there isnt. I registered for verified fan for the US dates, purely to see how the process worked ahead of the European dates. And now... nothing.

All explained on U2.com FAQ. No VF for Europe.

Yeah, had just found that. Thanks for this.

Offline ahusa

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2018, 12:19:59 AM »
Are we allowed to split the code for two concerts?

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 01:25:17 AM »
Are we allowed to split the code for two concerts?

i asked this, and was told i can get 1 ticket to 2 different shows with the same code