Author Topic: Pre-sale disgrace in europe  (Read 3894 times)

Offline narroo

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Pre-sale disgrace in europe
« on: January 19, 2018, 10:25:50 AM »
Hi all you die-hards i hope you had better luck than me getting tickets abroad!

As a fan for over 35 years i have travelled around to see U2 in wonderful places around europe and america, mixing and meeting new people and experiencing the magic of 'family' that U2 bring, im not religious in the slightest but there always seems to be a pilgrimage of some proportions of people from all around who love to travel to see the band, im one of them.

Now to my disgust the pre-sales for europe were limited to seats in limited parts of the arena, specifically i was looking at Milan or Copenhagen both had no standing tickets available for pre-sale (experience) but now on Viagogo there are standing tickets?!? and not only that, they are 261 each!! bare in mind i got a standing ticket for London for 83.50 including all the dodgy add on fees. How can this be? any ideas? i have been a fan club member for over 10 years with the pre-sale being my main part of renewal even when i know they won't be touring, its the main attraction! i fear that this will kill off the fans that have built up the family and all that will be left is part-timers! any thoughts or reasons behind this please feel free to chat or help

any similar experiences pass them on to the fan club (U2.com) after all they are there for US not the band!!!

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Pre-sale disgrace in europe
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »
You think thats bad at least we dont have this VERIFIED FANS thing...!!!!! All pre sales are very limited in tixs while i argee you pay this U2 fans club & dont even get a tix ive seen it loads last day or so on socials etc.
Better luck for the main sales mate

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 11:32:27 AM »
Disgusted with this process, no standing tickets anywhere in Europe, a clear ploy to sell all the seats to us then punt the standing ones on general sale as they know the general public will buy them over expensive seats! An absolute disgrace and if u2 are aware of this then I have spent my last penny on them.

Offline PROJ2823

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:36:09 AM »
Strange, I could easily obtain standing tickets for Madrid and a friend for Paris.
Obtained in the first minutes of the presale.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:39:08 AM by PROJ2823 »

Offline larrylove

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 11:56:09 AM »
For Amsterdam there where standing tickets too,also verry easily

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 12:07:02 PM »
Had Standing for london briefly, after refreshed ten times and then it went and threw Me out!!!

Offline Dreamweave

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 12:10:10 PM »
We tried for standing tickets for Amsterdam this morning, waited half an hour and then the only available tickets were 200 euros. Last year we got tickets for Dublin very easily within around ten minutes but this time no luck. Once we realised we could not get standing tickets we tried London and Paris but with the same story. Gutted to say the least. Once again tickets up on scammer websites for so much more than face value. How can the band stand by and let this happen? I can understand that its likely live nation that outsource the selling of the tickets to ticketmaster but its not good enough. Will have to wait until more tour dates get released and hopefully get a weekend date. Its an expensive night out if you don't live in the city you are travelling too, the cost of a hotel, dinner, travel plus the ticket. Better luck to everyone suffering the same story when new dates get released....

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »
Were those who got standing tix in the experience group? Despite being a member for years but not always subscribing yet have done the past two years I am stuck in innocence hell!

Offline PROJ2823

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 01:07:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Were those who got standing tix in the experience group? Despite being a member for years but not always subscribing yet have done the past two years I am stuck in innocence hell!
Yes, experience.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 03:13:33 PM »
Got 2 GA in Experience group for Madrid within 2 mins of presale.
Tried for London today in innocence and like most got nada  !  But the number of exp members must be a fraction of innoncence members. So at least they are rewarding loyalty. Although I still don't know why all tickets aren't available for presales. If they sell out before general sale then so be it. System works for every English football team so why not rock bands??

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 03:22:03 PM »
Hardly rewarding loyalty when anyone can be in the innocence category as long as they pay the fee...

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 03:26:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline flowtheman

• Babyface
  • Even better than the real thing.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »
I got a GA for Cologne without a problem (experience-group)

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 04:50:13 PM »
Decided to go for seated for London 02 SEC 107 ROW T. Wherever that may be

Offline hollywoodswag

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »
I think it's pretty sad that after the total debacle with the presales in the US, the European one is a debacle as well. Sorry you all are having a rough go of it.