Author Topic: Pre-sale disgrace in europe  (Read 2539 times)

Offline paganini12345

• Babyface
Re: Pre-sale disgrace in europe
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 05:46:41 PM »
I'm pretty pi**ed off.
Not so much because U2 are not playing Scotland but just so little dates in the UK.
I love U2 and want my 15 year old kids to experience a live show but it's impossible to get 4 tickets together.
I was lucky to get 2 GA tickers for Manchester; it was luck as in there were only so many available and I was lucky to get a connection to ticketmaster a few mili seconds before others.

My cousin is an innocence member and offered to give me her tickets but she could not get GA.
So I am either hoping that they have reserved some GA tickets for those that bought the album and I get another 2 GA.
Otherwise I will be gtrying to get 4 cheap seats when they go on general sale and will have to GA tickets to sell for a huge profit. 
Ok, just joking, if I do sell my GA tickets it will be at cost. Proud to sell at cost to make someones day.

The thing is, for the first time, I'm almost thinking about giving the concert a miss. Too much hassle.
I remember when U2 came to the SECC in Glasgow for Zoo TV we queued all night for tickets at the SECC. Hell, they even opened the doors and let us in and we had a great time. We knew we were guaranteed tickets.  Now we just have low life scumbags that seem to get tickets over those that have been paying £50 for a few years in the belief they can secure tickets.

Offline Danny82

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Were those who got standing tix in the experience group? Despite being a member for years but not always subscribing yet have done the past two years I am stuck in innocence hell!

Iím in the innocense group but have GA tickets for Amsterdam. Guess I was lucky

Offline Peter Parker

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 11:29:39 PM »
Im not gonna renew!

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 02:25:35 AM »
Fair play all ive read last day or so U2.com members NOT getting any tixs paying that membership fee it totally sucks while im not a member ive an album pre sale code im also on 02 network soo fingers crossed.
If i remember right London in 2015 was announced with 2 nights or so in the main drop why on earth they couldn't do that this past wk ill never know THEY KNOW THE BLOODY DEMAND IS THERE its 1 date in a 20,000 Arena.....!!!!!!!!

Offline PROJ2823

• Refugee
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 05:25:44 AM »
Does anyone know how many GA tickets are actually available. With about 20.000 seats capacity this means about 5000 standing (eg. Sportpaleis in Antwerp, where they played in '15, but are not planning to do now). As from the description the show will be staged "in the round", the stage(s) and some technical installations will be in the arena, lessening standing capacity to about 2500 to 3000.

I do not know how many members U2.com has, but enough to sell out that number of GA tickets on expercience members alone does not seem so incredible, as most die hard fans would probably prefer GA tickets.

It would require about 30.000 tickets being sold all over Europe to snap up all these 

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 05:44:19 AM »
Were those who got standing tix in the experience group? Despite being a member for years but not always subscribing yet have done the past two years I am stuck in innocence hell!

Very lucky indeed, 10.01am no availability off GA

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 08:22:27 AM »
13 gigs with at least 5000 standing per gig, there is no way all that was sold to experience members...I was on Berlin at 10.00 - no standing, my sister was in Manchester at 10.00 no standing... it's a clear and obvious ploy to punt all the dear seats to the fans and let the general sale hoover up the standing, it's disgusting!

Offline jono2u

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • "i was born to sing for you"
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 08:56:26 AM »
I got standing for Manchester in less than one minute on Thursday

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »
I got standing for Manchester in less than one minute on Thursday

No issues on Thursday for experience group, all ticket prices and venues available through much of day, issue was Friday 're innocense (I missed expetience band by 2 days on my subscription), only GA I saw available was Berlin, Paris and Milan (1st night), after 30 mins or so only single seats (lower price bands) or 200 Euro seats , only exception was Paris where there was a delay in sales.

Couple of thoughts on reasons

1- imagine a higher than normal number of subscribers dit in experience group, given 2 tour announcements in consec years , this would have impacted demand

2- only 13 shows announced so far, max 180k-200k tickets, assume fan club may take @ 10-20% of availability, more to come but I'm think had I&e tour had more dates on sale at first  announcement. Looks like only 1 allocation for fan club hence lack of availability.

3- appears the code validity is untrue, I'm aware through forums of experience users buying multiple tickets for multiple venues due to multiple sellers on the european tour.

4- heard there were code glitches with axs.com  where no code was needed on Thursday to score tickets.

I have an unused innocense code and was an interested spectator watching sales availability and subscriber comments on several forums, I decided to wait it out for second date announcements, I also have the album code and will see what's available Monday, it will be very interesting to see what's available with the album, live nation pre sales prior to General sale in Friday.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:07:46 AM by kevc »

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 09:32:52 AM »
guaranteed there will be standing in the general sale, there was no standing for Berlin at 10.00 am! I have also kept my code, I also know I will get standing eventually... the fan club renewal is a total rip off!

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 10:20:55 AM »
No standing in London or Manchester at 9.30pm on Thursday.  (For TJT, went on in the evening and scored standing tickets.  The original batch sold out and they must have added a further batch that evening).  Because we had a 48 hour notice of sale this week, and because of working patterns, this was the earliest we could get online.  We wanted Manchester.  It nearer than London and Friday is less disruptive re: work so no need to book much time off.  No need to book an overnight stay in a hotel.  Also we can stand (or rather sit) in solidarity with Mancunians.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:22:42 AM by 73October »

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 11:03:03 AM »
TM did it too me for GnR tried all day for normal GC tixs but all they had was VIP EE tixs @ £240 FV then many months later days before show they dropped tixs.

Its all a scam they want us too buy all the top end tixs

Offline Danny82

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »

Very lucky indeed, 10.01am no availability off GA

Thatís weird, I entered the website at 10:05 (had to wait in the line)...
Honestly, I have no idea how that crazy ticketmaster system works. Always here strange stories

Offline Honky Tonk Angel

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 11:40:54 AM »
I'm pretty pi**ed off.
Not so much because U2 are not playing Scotland but just so little dates in the UK.
I love U2 and want my 15 year old kids to experience a live show but it's impossible to get 4 tickets together.
I was lucky to get 2 GA tickers for Manchester; it was luck as in there were only so many available and I was lucky to get a connection to ticketmaster a few mili seconds before others.

My cousin is an innocence member and offered to give me her tickets but she could not get GA.
So I am either hoping that they have reserved some GA tickets for those that bought the album and I get another 2 GA.
Otherwise I will be gtrying to get 4 cheap seats when they go on general sale and will have to GA tickets to sell for a huge profit. 
Ok, just joking, if I do sell my GA tickets it will be at cost. Proud to sell at cost to make someones day.

The thing is, for the first time, I'm almost thinking about giving the concert a miss. Too much hassle.
I remember when U2 came to the SECC in Glasgow for Zoo TV we queued all night for tickets at the SECC. Hell, they even opened the doors and let us in and we had a great time. We knew we were guaranteed tickets.  Now we just have low life scumbags that seem to get tickets over those that have been paying £50 for a few years in the belief they can secure tickets.

I'm VERY pi**ed off they are not playing Scotland! This is the first time they have missed us out (apart from the latest JT tour) We've decided not to even bother this time around. Haven't missed a tour yet, so we're a bit gutted. But fed up with fighting to get tickets.
We also queued all night at the SECC for tickets to Zoo TV and it was great fun. Get back to those days I say, get back to queuing for tickets.

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 04:30:08 AM »
I'm pretty pi**ed off.

There may be some shows added, I guess the only viable venue is the hydro (which was a great venue is 2015) but appears some kind of residency through much of October , I guess you canít build a tour around a city being available, so it could be a wait and see

I'm VERY pi**ed off they are not playing Scotland! This is the first time they have missed us out (apart from the latest JT tour) We've decided not to even bother this time around. Haven't missed a tour yet, so we're a bit gutted. But fed up with fighting to get tickets.
We also queued all night at the SECC for tickets to Zoo TV and it was great fun. Get back to those days I say, get back to queuing for tickets.