Author Topic: No Glasgow dates  (Read 308 times)

Offline Jack

• Stateless
No Glasgow dates
« on: January 20, 2018, 03:17:03 AM »
It appears that u2 are not coming to Glasgow this tour just wondering if there might be a chance that Glasgow could be added at a later date

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: No Glasgow dates
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 03:20:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It appears that u2 are not coming to Glasgow this tour just wondering if there might be a chance that Glasgow could be added at a later date
Kevin Bridges is playing 18 nights at the Hydro so maybe they couldn't fit it into the tour schedule,  Isn't there any other Arenas in Scotland they could play ?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Jack

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 03:53:24 AM »
I can’t think of any other arenas.Think I will will have to go a bit further to see them this time In 2015 they played the Glasgow hydro and it was a fantastic concert

Offline jono2u

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "i was born to sing for you"
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 08:53:30 AM »
i dont expect them to play Scotland this time. The one tiny glimmer of hope might be that in 2001 after playing 4 nights at Earls Court in London, they added 2 Glasgow shows with only a weeks notice.

Offline Honky Tonk Angel

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 11:54:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i dont expect them to play Scotland this time. The one tiny glimmer of hope might be that in 2001 after playing 4 nights at Earls Court in London, they added 2 Glasgow shows with only a weeks notice.

I remember that. When the dates were released there was no Scottish date, so we went for Slane Castle. Secured our tickets, then they announced the shows in Glasgow.  They were playing the SECC the night we arrived back from Dublin.
So angry they have missed out Scotland. This is the first time they have done that, apart from the last JT tour. I just posted on another topic the same thing about not even bothering to try and get tickets this time around.
We spent a fortune to got to the JT in Dublin and we're just not prepared to fork out another fortune to travel so far again.
This will be the first tour we have missed and it's a bit gutting.
There is a small window at the Hydro at the beginning of November I think, so maybe....?