Author Topic: what do you think  (Read 1366 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
Re: what do you think
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 07:51:50 PM »
I expect JTdvd in May or June.

Offline welshguy77

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 05:10:31 PM »
I would not be against a live album myself.  Though prefer to watch a concert DVD or blu ray.

Offline wons

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think that it is time for the band to do a live album they haven't done one since Rattle and Hum what do you think?

Its too easy for everyone to obtain their music live these days. Lots of people film/record shows with their I-phones. Some even stream the entire show, in video, from their I-phone onto the internet. I watched several shows from the I&E tour in 2015 live streamed from peoples I-phones. Quality was so good it looked like a professional broadcast.

I suppose the one thing they can do though with the live video is create something and individual could not from just their particular I-phone angle in the arena or stadium.

The live album back in 1983 meant so much more then because back then it was much more difficult to obtain high quality live bootleg recordings and nearly impossible to obtain good live bootleg video of entire shows.

I also don't really consider Rattle And Hum to be a live album. I look at it as a studio album, with a few odd live tracks thrown in here and there.