Author Topic: Grammys, lots of hub-bub for a cameo by Bono & Edge  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Passenger789

• Wanderer
Grammys, lots of hub-bub for a cameo by Bono & Edge
« on: January 28, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »
What was that about?!? a 10 sec. cameo? I really like Kendrick, but what's the point of that Boyz??

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Grammys, lots of hub-bub for a cameo by Bono & Edge
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 06:04:24 PM »
Yeah I agree.  There was that rehearsal thing on the barge that TMZ initially reported that it would air to start the show, then Variety said it would start with the barge footage, cut to live of Lamar and then U2 would also play Get out of your own way.  But what actually happened was very low key for U2/Bono & Edge.  As I posted in the other thread, they did get a very loud applause when they appeared though, really loud and it would of been great of they busted out into the song proper. 

Offline Passenger789

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »
Looks like they will perform a full song later in the broadcast... huumm .. :)

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Looks like they will perform a full song later in the broadcast... huumm .. :)

I think this will be the barge footage perhaps.  They said they would appear in a unique way.   Hoping they are live on stage instead, but my gut is saying it will be the barge footage.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »
Wha 'appen?

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 06:44:17 PM »
Wha 'appen?

Just some mis-information prior to the show on what going to happen.  Variety & TMZ reported that the barge footage would be opening or something in the opening and then U2 would appear live with Lamar.   What happened was that Lamar started the show, in the back corner you could see Edge playing Guitar for the song Lamar was singing.  At one point Lamar finishes and Bono & Edge appear and do a quick 10-15 sec verse of Get on your own way.  They get a huge applause but that was it.

Many thought that was all U2 was going to do, but 30 minutes later as the show went to a commerical break they announce U2 will appear again in a unique way.  What that unique way is we don't know, I am assuming it going to be the barge footage..which to me would be weird to have a pre-recorded thing unless they pretend they are live from outside the arena.  Who knows?  Looking forward to whatever it is.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 06:45:35 PM »
They just announced again that U2 will be on and it will be the barge footage "perhaps".  The announcer just said that U2 rocks the harbor in NY. 

Offline bw

• Refugee
  • Dreamed that I saw Dali with a supermarket trolley
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 11:59:14 PM »
The Grammy’s are at the iconic Madison Square Garden. A venue of so many great U2 shows. The perfect place for the perfect live band...

Instead, U2 decides to play live without a crowd, outside in the cold on a barge in the Hudson. It’s a decision that ranks up there with debuting “NLOTH” with the horrific “Get on Your Boots”...you really can’t make it up...

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 05:22:02 PM »
The Grammy’s are at the iconic Madison Square Garden. A venue of so many great U2 shows. The perfect place for the perfect live band...

Instead, U2 decides to play live without a crowd, outside in the cold on a barge in the Hudson. It’s a decision that ranks up there with debuting “NLOTH” with the horrific “Get on Your Boots”...you really can’t make it up...
I kinda felt it was Sully all over again. I think some birds got caught in Adam's Bass.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »
Last night on the Hudson was a preview of U2's new stage setup. Fans are invited on wings...

Offline jackd2e

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 05:30:19 PM »
I liked their appearance with Kendrick but not Get out of your own way.