Author Topic: View at Manchester Arena  (Read 1100 times)

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Love it won't be long....
View at Manchester Arena
« on: February 03, 2018, 02:24:24 AM »
Could only get seating tickets for Manchester Arena in the Innocence pre-sale, and I wasn't willing to pay over 100 per ticket, so I went for section 109. Of course with the stage layout this means I'll be almost side on to the screen i.e won't have great view, does anyone have experience of sitting in similar position, even at another venue on the I&E tour? Just want to get an idea if I'll see nothing of the screen at all?
On the plus side should have great view of the experience b stage.

Offline darrenmccaul

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: View at Manchester Arena
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:21:52 AM »
I had the same type of seat in London a few years back. I will admit that you can't see the screen very well if at all. But I will say there is a cracking view of the b stage and they were on that quite a bit. They were right down in front of us. It was great. I went to see them in Belfast a few weeks later and was side on to the screen and had a perfect view of it. I don't think it made that much difference to me really because of the intiminate nature of the venue and the music sounded great. You will enjoy no matter what. Enjoy the show

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 07:24:22 AM »
Yeah @ the 02 in 2015 was sat in 1st few rows behind the stage think it was Block 116 or 117 we had a fab view right down the middle of the stage the best part when them 2 brothers did AOH i loved that had the best view as we could see everything on stage.
We got seated for Manchester #1 upper tier 111 with fees right in front of screen we are  seats No 1 & 2 isle side which is better also the tixs for a just a few rows in front maybe 4 or 5 are 207 with fees.
Ive read loads of people moaning saying these upper tier seats are miles they clesrly wasn't  @ Twickenham  187 tixs even in Block L5 L6 was still waaaaaay back....!!! These Arenas are half the size of Twickenham

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
I'm in section 201 at the MEN which is virtually side-on to the screen.I'm not too bothered as the venue is small and U2 will sound great.I never, ever get close-up seats at a U2 concert anyway and I always have a fantastic time.The MEN is close to home but I'll be staying over & catching the train in the morning.I wonder if I could hang around the MEN and see U2 as they leave? Where would they likely exit the MEN?

Offline Dreamweave

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:19:27 AM »
Managed to get red zone tickets for the Saturday night. never been to the MEN arena either so really looking forward to this one.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 05:56:26 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I'm looking forward to it regardless, going with my brother who has never seen them in arena so I think he'll be blown away.

Also I'm pleased we'll get great view of the b stage as some of my favourite moments from I&E tour were on there.

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 04:31:40 PM »
He will be blown away. I took my friend to I&E and she had never seem them live, never mind arena. Absolutely blown away, especially with WOWY which was her first dance wedding song and BD for reception closing song.

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 04:58:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm in section 201 at the MEN which is virtually side-on to the screen.I'm not too bothered as the venue is small and U2 will sound great.I never, ever get close-up seats at a U2 concert anyway and I always have a fantastic time.The MEN is close to home but I'll be staying over & catching the train in the morning.I wonder if I could hang around the MEN and see U2 as they leave? Where would they likely exit the MEN?

To me it looks like there should be a reasonable view of the screen

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 02:54:06 PM »
Yeah @ the 02 in 2015 was sat in 1st few rows behind the stage think it was Block 116 or 117 we had a fab view right down the middle of the stage the best part when them 2 brothers did AOH i loved that had the best view as we could see everything on stage.
We got seated for Manchester #1 upper tier 111 with fees right in front of screen we are  seats No 1 & 2 isle side which is better also the tixs for a just a few rows in front maybe 4 or 5 are 207 with fees.
Ive read loads of people moaning saying these upper tier seats are miles they clesrly wasn't  @ Twickenham  187 tixs even in Block L5 L6 was still waaaaaay back....!!! These Arenas are half the size of Twickenham

This sounds like the views we might have....last time seated at Manchester was tier 2 37.50 restricted view (2001) which would have been 45 degrees angle round the back so we saw lots of Adam's left shoulder and side!