Author Topic: A Sort Of Homecoming (Has it aged well?)  (Read 444 times)

Offline Beneathadesertsky

• Wanderer
A Sort Of Homecoming (Has it aged well?)
« on: February 12, 2018, 03:39:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Its one of my top 5 for sure and I still think the song sounds as good if not better than when it originally came out. Its a shame it doesn't get the love from the band it once did.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
Re: A Sort Of Homecoming (Has it aged well?)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Its a shame it doesn't get the love from the band it once did.
They played it on opening night for the 'Joshua Tree Tour' and for several other shows in place of 'Bad'...  I think it shows "love from the band" for they could easily have inserted anything else in there but chose this one...  'Bad' used to be one of their highlight performances but I felt that it sounded a bit tired on the last tour, 'A Sort of Homecoming' on the other hand, sounded fantastic in my opinion...:-)

Offline ultravioletacrobat

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »
I'm old enough to remember this era of U2. Heck I remember listening to my sister's Boy and October albums. While my first show was on the War Tour, it was The Unforgettable Fire that really solidified my love for this band. First the video's on MTV, A Sort Of Homecoming was the best from that album and in some way I think it's my favorite U2 video. Then seeing them a number of times on that tour this song was unbelievable, it encapsulated everything I love about U2. While I possibly like Bad and Promenade better it remains in a special place in my memory's. 

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
It's one my favourite U2 songs too. I was thrilled to hear it during the JT gig. The concert version is very different from the album version. I love them both.