Author Topic: Four Vinyl Reissues?  (Read 2537 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
Re: Four Vinyl Reissues?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »
Saw them in the shops but passed.

Offline wallah

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »
I picked up Pop and ATYCLYB from my local Barnes & Noble which only had one copy of each. Pop is listed as a remastered version overseen by the Edge in 2017. I haven't had a chance to spin it yet but I'm curious to to see how different the remaster sounds.

Offline mstevensmcs

• Refugee
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 11:48:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I thought all 90s albums were digitally recorded? I mean Digitally Mastered CD's came out in the 80s. I thought even many albums from them were digital only. Even ones released on both vinyl and CD.
You're right, they were....in some cases, original LP's like "Wide Awake" may end up sounding better than the re-issued vinyl....which may be sourced from digital masters...not my favorite trend in the last 11 years, a.k.a. the "vinyl revival". There are huge differences in what represented the "best" sound in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. If you really want to hear those differences clearly, listening to LP's on quality period speaker systems is an eye-opener. U2 sounds really strange on high-end 1968 speakers....
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:01:10 AM by mstevensmcs »

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 11:36:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I picked up Pop and ATYCLYB from my local Barnes & Noble which only had one copy of each. Pop is listed as a remastered version overseen by the Edge in 2017. I haven't had a chance to spin it yet but I'm curious to to see how different the remaster sounds.

It looks like ATYCLB is a 2017 remaster as well. But the Japanese SHM-CD re-releases from 2017 appear to be the original masters. Both Pop and ATYCLB have the original liner notes. I wonder if the Zooropa and the two Best Of vinyl re-releases will be remasters.