Author Topic: Get On Your Boots/feminine energy  (Read 262 times)

Offline Sunchild

• Stateless
Get On Your Boots/feminine energy
« on: February 27, 2018, 03:54:27 AM »
This song is pure power of feminine energy and everything it represents both in men and women, wildness, unbounded freedom, flexibility, spontaneity, lightness, etc... I can imagine that if this song had a female singer, it would seem more obvious and appealing to wider demographics, maybe tackled by a band like Paramore, as it is now, it goes straight only to those ears that can penetrate the surface and hear its deeper magic. I always took The Fly as a representation of masculine power, heavy, deep, this one might be the complete opposite, total ying yang, it's good to listen to those two songs back to back, what a contrast. Both songs also carry a strange futuristic and psychedelic vibe that's completely subverting expectations of the ingrained archetypes of the music, which is narrowing the relatability but at the same time enhancing the bigger space or opportunity for the surrender to the sound as it is.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:42:30 AM by Sunchild »

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
Re: Get On Your Boots/feminine energy
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 04:42:04 AM »
I don't mind it but not really my thing.  I love the Fly even though I am female, much more interesting to my ears and a song I identify with a lot more.