Author Topic: Any news or rumors about more tour dates for E&I Tour?  (Read 2181 times)

Offline wons

• Refugee
Re: Any news or rumors about more tour dates for E&I Tour?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 12:53:04 PM »
Wow, it appears that the Uncasville CT show only sold tickets at the $325 price or higher, even behind the stage. Except I think GA was at the normal $76 price. With only 10,000 seats at those prices they are going to gross over 3.5 million dollars from just this one show in a place that is about half the size of many arenas. A lot of wealthy people out there. A night out with a family of four would cost over a thousand dollars just for the tickets. Taking a date to the show plus dinner would easily top a thousand dollars.

Offline wons

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »
I hope the band adds another North American Leg to this tour so people in these cities which usually always get U2 shows can see them.

Seattle
San Diego
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
Denver
Minneapolis
Kansas City
Dallas
Houston
somewhere in Louisiana
somewhere in Ohio
Detroit
Tampa
Miami
North Carolina
Pittsburgh

There are usually 25 or 26 cities or regions of the United States that always get shows from U2 when they tour. They only hit 7 of those cities on the Innocence And Experience Tour. So far on the Experience and Innocence tour, they are only hitting 10 of these cities.

But they are hitting Omaha, Tulsa, Nashville and Uncasville, which normally do not get visited by U2 when they tour.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »
Don't forget Toronto. CT is sort of wealthy State, no? Many ticket prices are adjusted per market.

Offline podiumboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 07:53:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hope the band adds another North American Leg to this tour so people in these cities which usually always get U2 shows can see them.

Seattle
San Diego
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
Denver
Minneapolis
Kansas City
Dallas
Houston
somewhere in Louisiana
somewhere in Ohio
Detroit
Tampa
Miami
North Carolina
Pittsburgh

There are usually 25 or 26 cities or regions of the United States that always get shows from U2 when they tour. They only hit 7 of those cities on the Innocence And Experience Tour. So far on the Experience and Innocence tour, they are only hitting 10 of these cities.

But they are hitting Omaha, Tulsa, Nashville and Uncasville, which normally do not get visited by U2 when they tour.

Don't forget Canada;
Vancouver
Edmonton
Saskatoon
Winnipeg
Toronto
Ottawa
Quebec City

All have suitable arenas, and could possibly be included in leg 2 of SOE Tour.  There is enough uncovered ground to make an effective 2nd leg.  However, I don't think they'll do a 2nd leg in NA.  I think after 2018, that's it until about 2021 or so.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:55:19 PM by podiumboy »

Offline wons

• Refugee
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 02:15:38 AM »
Yes, definitely Toronto, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Vancouver need to be added to North America 2019 leg for the E&I tour. That's 20 cities in North America they should be visiting in 2019, if their serious about promoting the latest album. Then of course Australia, New Zealand, and Japan deserve about 25 shows combined at least. A pacific tour would probably take place in January - March 2019.

I think it would be a big mistake for the band to just stop at the end of 2018 for this tour.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 04:42:57 AM »
The album is already loosing steam imho.

Offline wons

• Refugee
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 05:48:05 AM »
The album is already loosing steam imho.

True, but every album deserves to be given its best shot when it comes to a live tour for it.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 06:57:30 AM »
The steam will be gone by 2019. Its already faded in the last two months.

Offline wons

• Refugee
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 11:18:26 AM »
The steam will be gone by 2019. Its already faded in the last two months.

Well, for the Lovetown tour they did not make it down to Australia until 2.5 years after the Joshua Tree was released and a year after Rattle And Hum was released. That tour had a positive effect on U2's album sales down there and there are many out there that consider it U2's greatest tour. U2 did not hit several cities around the world on the ZOO TV tour until 1993, despite the fact Achtung Baby was released in 1991. So I think doing shows in 2019 will be ok.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 12:09:35 PM »
Fixed that for you  ;)

I hope the band adds another North American A SINGLE OCEANIA/ASIA Leg to this tour so people in these cities which usually always OCCASIONALLY get U2 shows can see them.

Seattle
San Diego
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
Denver
Minneapolis
Kansas City
Dallas
Houston
somewhere in Louisiana
somewhere in Ohio
Detroit
Tampa
Miami
North Carolina
Pittsburgh

Sydney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Auckland
Singapore
Hong Kong
Seoul
Tokyo

There are usually 25 or 26 cities or regions of the United States 8 TO 10 CITIES IN OCEANIA/ASIA that always OCCASIONALLY get shows from U2 when they tour. They only hit 7 HIT NONE of those cities on the Innocence And Experience Tour. So far on the Experience and Innocence tour, they are only hitting 10 HITTING NONE of these cities.

Time for a leg Down Under! The FIRST leg in 8 YEARS! Not ANOTHER US leg in 2019, which would be the FIFTH leg there in under 4 YEARS!

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »
Yeah, no more US legs please.
Show some attention to the rest of the world, who haven't seen them since 360 or earlier.
Besides, the slow ticket sales would have canned the idea of another US leg.

Offline wons

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 07:16:05 AM »
Fixed that for you  ;)

I hope the band adds another North American A SINGLE OCEANIA/ASIA Leg to this tour so people in these cities which usually always OCCASIONALLY get U2 shows can see them.

Seattle
San Diego
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
Denver
Minneapolis
Kansas City
Dallas
Houston
somewhere in Louisiana
somewhere in Ohio
Detroit
Tampa
Miami
North Carolina
Pittsburgh

Sydney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Auckland
Singapore
Hong Kong
Seoul
Tokyo

There are usually 25 or 26 cities or regions of the United States 8 TO 10 CITIES IN OCEANIA/ASIA that always OCCASIONALLY get shows from U2 when they tour. They only hit 7 HIT NONE of those cities on the Innocence And Experience Tour. So far on the Experience and Innocence tour, they are only hitting 10 HITTING NONE of these cities.

Time for a leg Down Under! The FIRST leg in 8 YEARS! Not ANOTHER US leg in 2019, which would be the FIFTH leg there in under 4 YEARS!

They can do both. Australia, New Zealand, and Japan first of course. Then in the Spring/Summer later in the year, back to the United States. U2 always hits about 25 different cities in the United States with each tour going all the way back to Boy. Why? The United States is by far U2's biggest market in terms of the volume of albums and tickets sold. The United States is a country of 330 million people. Just one of the United States 50 states, California, with 40 million people is nearly 50% larger in population than Australia and New Zealand combined.

I agree they should tour down under. But they don't need to do it at the expense of another North American leg. They can do both easily.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 08:24:37 AM »
Come on, the US is saturated. It may have a large population, but U2 isn't particularly popular there. It's all about Live Nation maximising profits. They own venues in the US, so take a larger cut off the profits there. They don't own venues in Oz or elsewhere. If it was about reaching the maximum audience they'd do many more shows in Europe, which would sell out. Places like Italy, which hasn't had too many shows, & always sells out quickly. Not more shows in the US, which is struggling. Even Chicago is struggling to sell out a couple of shows (Chicago 2 will probably have curtained off sections, a bad look)! I'm guessing Sydney could sell out 8 shows!

Bring on 2021, & the end of the Live Nation deal!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:27:40 AM by d.darroch »

Offline redrock

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 09:56:34 AM »
It's probably something of absolutely nothing however if you have a look at Terry Lawless's online calendar,  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login he has a potentially interesting entry for the 12th November - two days after the last Dublin show. You will see he has the date marked with a double asterisk (**) which although could be anything, is coded green which is the colour he uses for all of his U2 commitments. As I say, it's probably nothing, but you never know there may still be hope for those of us still wishing for a show in our home cities - or even countries.

Offline wons

• Refugee
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 04:49:33 PM »
Come on, the US is saturated. It may have a large population, but U2 isn't particularly popular there. It's all about Live Nation maximising profits. They own venues in the US, so take a larger cut off the profits there. They don't own venues in Oz or elsewhere. If it was about reaching the maximum audience they'd do many more shows in Europe, which would sell out. Places like Italy, which hasn't had too many shows, & always sells out quickly. Not more shows in the US, which is struggling. Even Chicago is struggling to sell out a couple of shows (Chicago 2 will probably have curtained off sections, a bad look)! I'm guessing Sydney could sell out 8 shows!

Bring on 2021, & the end of the Live Nation deal!

Chicago and some other cities in North America are saturated. Chicago is struggling because they had 5 arena shows in 2015, 2 stadium shows in 2017, and now 2 arena shows in 2018. But there is no evidence that the following cities or places are saturated at all:

Seattle
San Diego
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
Denver
Minneapolis
Kansas City
Dallas
Houston
somewhere in Louisiana
somewhere in Ohio
Detroit
Tampa
Miami
North Carolina
Pittsburgh

Now most of these places did get a Joshua Tree tour 2017 show, but they never received an Innocence and Experience show and so far have no Experience and Innocence show scheduled.(with the exception of Denver and Phoenix) These cities always get shows promoting the latest album. Thats been the norm since Boy.