Author Topic: Seeking GA in pre-sale: has waiting 20 minutes worked?  (Read 362 times)

Offline Swedescott

• Babyface
Seeking GA in pre-sale: has waiting 20 minutes worked?
« on: March 05, 2018, 09:39:38 AM »
Hi all,

I am very fortunate to be able to attend the newly-announced Omaha show!  I would very much like to get GA tickets in the Innocence pre-sale; if I am not able to get them in the first 30 seconds of the release, has anyone had success (bravely) waiting for GA tix to be available later in the pre-sale?  Or should I not roll the dice and grab nice seats, if GA is not available?

Many thanks!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
Re: Seeking GA in pre-sale: has waiting 20 minutes worked?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 09:53:11 AM »
Just keep waiting. I have heard stories of fans waiting up till 45 mins.

Offline wons

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 11:12:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi all,

I am very fortunate to be able to attend the newly-announced Omaha show!  I would very much like to get GA tickets in the Innocence pre-sale; if I am not able to get them in the first 30 seconds of the release, has anyone had success (bravely) waiting for GA tix to be available later in the pre-sale?  Or should I not roll the dice and grab nice seats, if GA is not available?

Many thanks!

Be prepared to keep trying for a full hour at least. The "nice seats" at $325 or $171 will still be waiting for you if you don't succeed after an hour.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
Yeah, sometimes people get halfway through the checkout process & lose their tickets. Or other people are just seeing what's available, with no intention to buy. So GA's do turn up for a lucky few in the first hour or so of the sale. I've gotten GA's an hour or two on general sale day before. I got two tickets to Slane about 5 hours after the presale began. But I'm pretty sure they were having technical problems, as none of my friends got a whiff of a ticket either once the presale began. A Vegas GA for 360 took quite a while too from memory. Plus GA's are normally released in ticket drops, usually in the days before the show. So don't give up! Also I can't see Omaha being a high demand show, so I think you'll have luck getting a GA or two.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:31:04 AM by d.darroch »

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 11:15:18 PM »
Yeah, sometimes people get halfway through the checkout process & lose their tickets. Or other people are just seeing what's available, with no intention to buy. So GA's do turn up for a lucky few in the first hour or so of the sale. I've gotten GA's an hour or two on general sale day before. I got two tickets to Slane about 5 hours after the presale began. But I'm pretty sure they were having technical problems, as none of my friends got a whiff of a ticket either once the presale began. A Vegas GA for 360 took quite a while too from memory. Plus GA's are normally released in ticket drops, usually in the days before the show. So don't give up! Also I can't see Omaha being a high demand show, so I think you'll have luck getting a GA or two.

For Slane pre-sale Im sure I simply filled in the form in Propaganda, posted it back and received the tickets. That was when pre-sales were easy!

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 11:45:51 AM »
For Slane pre-sale Im sure I simply filled in the form in Propaganda, posted it back and received the tickets. That was when pre-sales were easy!
I signed up to u2.com, which was free back then. It had a two ticket limit for the presale, so I got all my friends to sign up too. I think the presale started at 10am. We all got error messages on the website for hours. It finally let me in at 2:30pm, & I scored my 2 tickets. Problem was my friends had all given up, & closed the website & it wouldn't let them back in. Luckily we scored another 16 tickets over the phone in the general sale! Road trip!

I never was a member of Propaganda, certainly sounds like the good old days!