Author Topic: Pride (in the name of love) - "Early evening" instead of "morning" in the lyrics  (Read 496 times)

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Stateless
I've read somewhere that the lyrics of Pride were changed to "early evening, April 4th, etc." for a live version as Martin Luther King was actually murdered at around 6 PM.

Could anyone please tell me where I could find this live version?

Thank you very much!

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Stateless
Sorry, I've forgotten to ask if there is an official video referencing Martin Luther King?

Thanks and all the best to you!

Offline JTNash

• Numb
You forgot Moment of Surrender

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Stateless
Was the song Moment of Surrender also about Martin Luther King? I didn't know. Thanks for the input.

I'm actually looking for the song "Pride" more than any other one because it's for an English-learning class and the lyrics of Pride would be easier to understand for the students (it's a chapter on the civil right movement). This year is the anniversary of Martin Luther King's death and I've played an extract of an actual speech of Martin Luther King to the students, but it's a little hard for them.
I thought the song Pride could be easier, as it mentions clear references to Martin Luther King's work (plus it was played during the inauguration of Obama as President so it could be an interesting fact to mention as a turning point in African American history).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:16:48 PM by BlueSquirrel »

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Nope wrong post sorry

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
I checked two of the live recordings I have of Pride from the I&E tour and Bono says early evening. I think (but haven't checked) that this might have been the first tour he has corrected it. You could easily look on Youtube to see various versions of it and use one from the I&E tour for your class. The concerts I checked in this regard were Phoenix and Chicago but would expect it to be the same across that tour. 

Offline JTNash

• Numb
But on this topic Bono changes words all the time

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Pose a question on the U2Start forum. Dem ppl are nutz about bootlegs.

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Stateless
Fantastic! Thank you sooo much to all of you!!  ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login