Author Topic: What are Adam's Spiritual Beliefs?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Luzita

• Refugee
Re: What are Adam's Spiritual Beliefs?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 06:29:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My guess is that he practices the Twelve Steps and believes in a Higher Power.  As to the specifics of that, who knows except him?
I think you’re right. That sounds like the most likely option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline summerholly

• Stateless
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 02:15:03 AM »

Point taken, but in the context of U2, the narrative has been three of the guys were Christians and one wasn't. Three of them were family men and one was a womanizing party boy. Guess who was who? Only one member of U2 has ever been associated with substance abuse or any kind of scandal, and it just happens to be the one who was thought to be an atheist.

Come to think of it, I don't know where that idea ever even came from. Adam didn't join that charismatic movement the other three experimented with, but other than that, where did the idea of Adam being an atheist come from?

I think Adams "rock and roll lifestyle"was pretty tame in the scheme of things.   As to substance abuse I get the feeling that Bono is a pretty heavy drinker!.  I think that underneath it all they are all pretty decent blokes regardless of what they believe in and all value loyalty and their enduring friendship/brotherhood and family including siblings, parents etc

It is possible to be spiritual without being a Christian, maybe that is where Adam is.  Who knows. I myself am definitely not a Christian or a believer in any God but I do have a deep sense of spirit and connection beyond what we can see.

Well, Adam did have one marijuana arrest (I know, ridiculous) and there was the whole incident in Australia in 1993, but the important thing is Adam seems happy and healthy today.

Haha didn't everyone smoke marijuana back then?  I think 2 incidences are very tame compared to the real wild men and women of Rock and Roll. 

Offline Saint22

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 07:28:28 AM »

Point taken, but in the context of U2, the narrative has been three of the guys were Christians and one wasn't. Three of them were family men and one was a womanizing party boy. Guess who was who? Only one member of U2 has ever been associated with substance abuse or any kind of scandal, and it just happens to be the one who was thought to be an atheist.

Come to think of it, I don't know where that idea ever even came from. Adam didn't join that charismatic movement the other three experimented with, but other than that, where did the idea of Adam being an atheist come from?

I think Adams "rock and roll lifestyle"was pretty tame in the scheme of things.   As to substance abuse I get the feeling that Bono is a pretty heavy drinker!.  I think that underneath it all they are all pretty decent blokes regardless of what they believe in and all value loyalty and their enduring friendship/brotherhood and family including siblings, parents etc

It is possible to be spiritual without being a Christian, maybe that is where Adam is.  Who knows. I myself am definitely not a Christian or a believer in any God but I do have a deep sense of spirit and connection beyond what we can see.

Well, Adam did have one marijuana arrest (I know, ridiculous) and there was the whole incident in Australia in 1993, but the important thing is Adam seems happy and healthy today.

Haha didn't everyone smoke marijuana back then?  I think 2 incidences are very tame compared to the real wild men and women of Rock and Roll.

Sure, but not when compared to U2 and U2's reputation. Fortunately for Adam, the 1993 thing happened in Australia and before the Internet.

Offline summerholly

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 08:10:49 AM »

Sure, but not when compared to U2 and U2's reputation. Fortunately for Adam, the 1993 thing happened in Australia and before the Internet.

We didn't need the internet back then to hear of the exploits of some of the wilder ones!  The paparazzi were all over it.  I am Australian and I never heard of the Adam thing when it happened and I doubt it would have registered much if I had, the Aussies knew how to party back then so it wouldn't have been a big deal.   

Didn't Bono end up in a Japanese drug lords lair wrapped up in a python?  I don't think anything any of them ever did was particularly newsworthy or scandalous, the Paparazzi would have been hard pressed finding much even on Adam, it was all pretty tame really.  Well I thought it was anyway.  None of them remotely struck me as bad boys.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:21:00 AM by summerholly »

Offline Luzita

• Refugee
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »

We didn't need the internet back then to hear of the exploits of some of the wilder ones!  The paparazzi were all over it.  I am Australian and I never heard of the Adam thing when it happened and I doubt it would have registered much if I had, the Aussies knew how to party back then so it wouldn't have been a big deal.   

Didn't Bono end up in a Japanese drug lords lair wrapped up in a python?  I don't think anything any of them ever did was particularly newsworthy or scandalous, the Paparazzi would have been hard pressed finding much even on Adam, it was all pretty tame really.  Well I thought it was anyway.  None of them remotely struck me as bad boys.
It’s true that none of them were ever bad boys. But Adam did get into trouble with drugs and drink. The incident Saint22 is talks about is when Adam was so out of it he couldn’t do a concert, and his guitar tech had to fill in for him. It may not have made the papers because they just said he was sick. No biggie compared to true bad boys but it was the only time any member of U2 missed a concert (that wasn’t canceled altogether I mean, and that’s only happened a handful of times).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk